• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

End of the year so we are taking 40% off and removing 10% for VAT.
Midford Black 5.5, 7.5E UK 82 last
Malvern Dark Oak 6.5E UK 82 last
Cardiff Burnt Pine 5.5, 9.5F 606 last
Walcot Edwardian 6.5, 7.5F UK 888 last
Welland Burgundy 6.5, 7F UK 888 last
PM with any questions.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG for Foster & Son:
standard.jpg

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shouldn't be an issue. It varies from shoe-to-shoe and maker-to-maker.

I have ahd similar experiences with EG and St. Crispin's have an extremely strong leather odor when they newly arrive.

I wouldn't sweat it for a minute.

I think all my shoes smelled strongly of leather (and solvent? polish?) during the first wear. it's really obvious when I sit down in my office....but now my brain associates the scent with new goodies so it doesn't register as anything disconcerting :happy:

This is one of the reasons I spend thousands of these type of shoes, I love that smell! If any of my expensive and good quality leather shoes did not have that smell I would be quite upset LOL.

Thanks very much - :embar:

bamboo

Reaction score
Quote:
I see what you mean. It is very straight shaped and short nose. No ergonomic curve. Having said that it fits me OK.
I have a rather narrow feet.

I thought 32 Dover is MTO only and almost all are now 606.

bamboo

Reaction score
With the Dovers, did anyone have trouble moving their toes? Mine feel bunched up, not in pain, just not flat.

Toes should be able to move. You mentioned your size difference between R and L is about 1/4 size.
Maybe size up by half and put a thin leather insock to the smaller foot side is a good idea.

From another view point,
EG loosens up quite easily in my experience. Foot bed sinks and create more rooms, but I think toes should freely move from the day 1.

Good luck.

heelguy

Reaction score
FYI-a handful of odd EG on sale (30%) off at Saks in NYC (prices include lasted shoe trees). Picked up a Farringdon in Rosewood Country Calf that I had been longing for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads