• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrs25962

Reaction score
I'm not a professional fitter, but I suspect if you position the red line to be at the widest part of the boot, you may have too much room in front. I think this comes back to finding a last that works with your foot but importantly trying shoes on in person with a professional fitter to give you advice

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rare day in the office for me. MTO Nevis.

PXL_20240918_175747695.PORTRAIT.jpg

Satmoche

Reaction score
Leather seems to be in ok condition with no cuts or holes so I would start with some Saphir leather cleaner then renovateuer and shoe cream/polish.
A bit late to the part but there is also a soap which Saphir does if you want to be meticulous.
I would probably use the Renovateur twice.

Take some photos once you have renovated them.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I recently went in and tried on a EG Galway boot on last 303 in my regular size (that i wear across C&J, Trickers, Loake 1880) . And i could hardly even get my foot into the boot. And when i did, things were way too tight along the throat, throatline, vamp, instep, sides of the toe box. I was rather surprised at how tight it was for an E fit. Has anyone else experienced this with EG? I dont have wide feet. Just a slightly high instep. But I take a regular E fit with all brands. A solution would be to get a G fit. But EG dont do a G fit in Galway unless you pay for a MTO.

CLH03

Reaction score
I recently went in and tried on a EG Galway boot on last 303 in my regular size (that i wear across C&J, Trickers, Loake 1880) . And i could hardly even get my foot into the boot. And when i did, things were way too tight along the throat, throatline, vamp, instep, sides of the toe box. I was rather surprised at how tight it was for an E fit. Has anyone else experienced this with EG? I dont have wide feet. Just a slightly high instep. But I take a regular E fit with all brands. A solution would be to get a G fit. But EG dont do a G fit in Galway unless you pay for a MTO.

Sounds like you need a solid size up?

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

P.S. I didn't bother discussing this while in store since the customer service and salesmanship were shockingly abysmal. They didnt even bother assisting with putting boots on and left them next to the sofa chair so i could help myself. They couldn't be bothered. And i think they were being taxed or having their wages deducted for smiling.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you should be starting at a half size up from those brands

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I usually wear 9 1/2 E for John Lobb and Crockett & Jones, but 10 E for Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Thanks all for suggestions. I regret not trying on a size or half size up while I was there. . I guess i got put off with the service and wanted to just leave without inconveniencing them to try on another pair. But i do wonder if going up a size then affects the length and you get heel slippage. Only way to know is to try em on i guess. Next time MAYBE

tuna roll

Reaction score
I usually wear 9 1/2 E for John Lobb and Crockett & Jones, but 10 E for Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling.
Same for me. 8E John Lobb, 8.5E EG

lurker33

Reaction score
Thanks all for suggestions. I regret not trying on a size or half size up while I was there. . I guess i got put off with the service and wanted to just leave without inconveniencing them to try on another pair. But i do wonder if going up a size then affects the length and you get heel slippage. Only way to know is to try em on i guess. Next time MAYBE
The length/position of the ball stays the same compared to other brands, EG sizes are just generally 0.5 up from UK TTS. I find EG to fit similar to C&J, just half up.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Therein lies the issue. EG is almost universally 1/2 size up from other English brands.

shoes83

Reaction score
Therein lies the issue. EG is almost universally 1/2 size up from other English brands.
Agreed with this and would say that it should be the starting point for anyone. Just bear in mind that there are exceptions like me, which take the same size on both EG and CJ (11E UK in my case).
The reality for me is that I'm really in between sizes on CJ, so can't quite go down and instead have a slightly roomier fit. Their more modern and narrower lasts do fit me better since they tend to have a narrower heel. Feet are different...

tuna roll

Reaction score
Any love for the Windermere in calf?

A preowned pair in black calf came up in my size. I searched here for real life photos but apparently the shell version is more popular.

I like plain toe derbies in general and this one feels like a more elegant version, compared to Alden’s.

jellyroller

Reaction score
Any love for the Windermere in calf?

A preowned pair in black calf came up in my size. I searched here for real life photos but apparently the shell version is more popular.

I like plain toe derbies in general and this one feels like a more elegant version, compared to Alden’s.

I have a pair in brown Arno calf. I don’t find myself wearing them often, mostly due to how casual the leather is. Nothing bad to say about the Windermere itself or the 202 last.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konapus