• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steveabdn

Reaction score
So I’m going to be sentimental for a second.

EG is one of those brands where when you first get into menswear (if you’re not already wealthy I suppose) seems not only unattainable but you wonder “why would anyone pay so much for shoes?”

I didn’t grow up well off at all. And I’ve never really bought anything nice for myself cause I’ve always been a serious saver. So after scouring eBay for more than a year I still can’t believe I now possess my grail dress shoe. That I even own these feels like an achievement and you best believe I will be wearing these in good health and full appreciation of their craftsmanship and quality.

View attachment 1874795
View attachment 1874796
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy them.

I’m also the owner of a sentimental pair of Edward Green’s, with some money that was gifted to me before my mum died I bought a pair of Dovers. I’ve had them for 5 years and I’ve probably worn them twice since then. I’ve polished them about 50 times that!!

acconrad

Reaction score
Congratulations! Great to hear you finally purchased your first pair of EG's.
Hopefully you've already secured your shoe care products, because you want to protect your grail pair and increase their longevity.

Wear these in good health for this year and beyond. 🤜🏻🤛🏻👏🏻

Got my conditioning cream and black shoe polish! When I finally get a moment to myself from the little ones these are going to get a nice mirror shine for a wedding I have coming up in July. Going to pair them with my navy Attolini suit that I got in a trade for 2 suits I thrifted!

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

EG is one of those brands where when you first get into menswear (if you’re not already wealthy I suppose) seems not only unattainable but you wonder “why would anyone pay so much for shoes?”

I didn’t grow up well off at all. And I’ve never really bought anything nice for myself cause I’ve always been a serious saver. So after scouring eBay for more than a year I still can’t believe I now possess my grail dress shoe. That I even own these feels like an achievement and you best believe I will be wearing these in good health and full appreciation of their craftsmanship and quality.

View attachment 1874795
View attachment 1874796
Best post I’ve seen on here in a while. Congrats on the grail purchase. Enjoy them in good health.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my conditioning cream and black shoe polish! When I finally get a moment to myself from the little ones these are going to get a nice mirror shine for a wedding I have coming up in July. Going to pair them with my navy Attolini suit that I got in a trade for 2 suits I thrifted!

Well done. 👏🏻

On a personal note, the Chelsea is my favorite RTW Oxford I own. It was also the best looking shoe I'd ever seen, at the time. I've said it across multiple threads that EG is my favorite RTW brand. IMO, nothing really comes close to it. Fantastic to hear you share a similar sentiment.

Enjoy wearing them at the wedding. Hell, you've waited long enough... Enjoy wearing them period. 👍🏻

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy them.

I’m also the owner of a sentimental pair of Edward Green’s, with some money that was gifted to me before my mum died I bought a pair of Dovers. I’ve had them for 5 years and I’ve probably worn them twice since then. I’ve polished them about 50 times that!!

Speaking again about my favorite RTW brand and the best RTW SpTD on the market, sounds to me like you have waited long enough to use yours. Get out there and enjoy wearing your Dovers. 👍🏻😊👍🏻

Last edited:

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1874795
View attachment 1874796

Great story, man. I am glad you got a beautiful pair of Edward Greens at a discount!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

steveabdn

Reaction score
Speaking again about my favorite RTW brand and the best RTW SpTD on the market, sounds to me like you have waited long enough to use yours. Get out there and enjoy wearing your Dovers. 👍🏻😊👍🏻

later in the year I fully intend to. I’m lucky enough to have a pair of Galways as well which are worn constantly at this time of year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads