• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken1036

Reaction score
64 last veldtschoen snow boots this morning

View attachment 1553625
I wore mine today too! Same boots (rosewood?) but in the 72 last. 72 last is pretty large so I can weary my very thickest wool socks, which help keep me warm. I'm going to apply some of that water repellent polish Pure Polish offers and really test it with rain/snow and see how it performs.

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
What does EG charge for a resole?

This is the email I received directly from EG regarding resole in 2017, so I would assume prices may have gone up a bit from then.

"Thank you for your email and enquiry about our refurbishment/repair service. Doing this for any model costs exactly £250, and if convenient we can also arrange shipping using our preferred courier (DHL) to save you concerning yourself with it personally. The shipping charges from and back to the U.S. would be £40 each way.

Sending shoes (or boots) back to our factory obviously includes a brand-new sole and heels – this can also be changed from your current sole if desired so, for example, if you currently have a single-leather sole but wanted a Dainite sole instead then that can be done without issue and without any change to the price. The service also ensures they are professionally cleaned & polished, given new laces, and anything else too…for example new insoles, back linings, repair of loose stitching, etc. However, we do try to keep the original insoles because over time they mould nicely to the feet and therefore have a big impact on the overall comfort of an older pair of shoes."

Anyone know a cheap place for toe taps? The resole is great, but I've seen $45 for taps from B Nelson.

My cobbler offered to do it for me for $18 as long as I got the toe taps myself.

Wanted to order a bunch but shipping was murder, was waiting to go to the UK myself amd get them but with the exchange, should've bought last year.

If anyone wants to bulk order them I love in NJ and can give you what we agree to split. A good cost saving measure as the taps are the most expensive thing.

I can help you get toe taps, direct message me.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first EG. Chelsea in 202E. I might buy the same but in the 82E and wear them both for a while to figure out which last I like most or feels more comfortable.

20210213_145545.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know how does the EG 82 last fit compare to EG 606 last? I wear UK9.5 E so should get same size for both?
For me, basically the same size but I tend to get 202/606 in D instead of E. Sometimes 82 can come out a bit longer, but nothing can fix that except trying individual pairs on and considering a half size smaller.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I am considering the EG Chelsea in 82 last but in calf leather. My EG Dover is in 606 last in suede therefore unsure if I should get the same size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads