• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FinerThingsInLife

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of Chelsea in Nightshade. I need to prep them before wearing. Looking to use Saphir cream and polish. I see Saphir makes a “plum” (or “prune”) cream. Should I use that, or burgundy? I can’t find the Saphir wax in plum—do they make the wax in that color?

This sounds amazing. I had never considered a Chelsea in this colour. Would you mind sharing a pic of them?

Iadbound

Reaction score
One more ready for action. Super excited about this pair.

Iadbound

Reaction score
Can’t take the credit for the design. Cavour did this make-up. Still, it’s bit different, and I’m pleased.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London Grain + Shearling + Ridgeway + Veldt = Pretty Awesome actually. I agree that it’s a touch different .. All for 1100 usd something with SF discount.

Are they veldt for sure? I can’t tell from the pictures and it doesn’t say in the description.

Last edited:

Halfcanvas2

Reaction score
This sounds amazing. I had never considered a Chelsea in this colour. Would you mind sharing a pic of them?

here are a couple pictures. I used a black captoe (Grenson Masterpiece) and dark oak EG Chelsea as comparison. These are fresh out of the box, no cream or polish, whereas the dark oak are 3 years old and have some patina. The nightshade is on the 915 and the dark on on the 82.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the veldt for sure? I can’t tell from the pictures and it doesn’t say in the description.

Yes they are. I got mine last week and looking at them and comparing to my others with veldt, they surely are veldt. Kevin confirmed the same. Surprised it wasn’t mentioned on the box and the website since it would have made them sell faster.

Iadbound

Reaction score

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: I posted two grail worthy EGs on eBay (link in signature)
  • Doak walnut cc Galways size 8UK 82F
  • Tobacco suede Dovers size 8UK 202E

will give a SF discount from the eBay prices, so just message me if interested.

I love these makeups but I switched jobs and they don’t get enough wear. hope to pass along to someone that will wear them often

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads