• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Renton

Reaction score

guys,

I have received a replay from Skoaktiebolaget.

Yes it is possible to order different widths, D, E, G

The total price including worldwide shipping would be 7180 SEK ex VAT so it comes around $1100

Are you still interested in this we would be going for Adderley on 202 last in Rosewood Country Calf on Dainite soles with storm welt?

Anybody else interested?

Since the widths can be done, I'm interested in this mto

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Epsom, would you consider it dressy enough for interviews / other standard black captoe work? Asking as I should be getting the Tassels one tomorrow and also have the G&G Oxford from Spoo's recent sale.

Haven't worn a black captoe in over a year and only bought these as I may be interviewed more conservative jobs in a few months and wanted to be ready (only other real interview shoe would be museum calf which I feel is too much) . I feel I could get a bit more wear out of the Epsom and I prefer boots in general. Thoughts?

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are a great looking boot, enjoy them.

If anyone is contemplating the Galway in Oak/Mink

Excellent boots sir but just be careful, Once I wore a pair o JL and Berluti shoes for a few days in France when it snowed and now I have some marks on the leather that will never go! this could be due to the snow or the salt they use, hence I do not even try and use any of my EG's in the snow, I just cannot afford to take that risk! Enjoy your boots sir and I hope you never have to experience such a problem.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent boots sir but just be careful, Once I wore a pair o JL and Berluti shoes for a few days in France when it snowed and now I have some marks on the leather that will never go! this could be due to the snow or the salt they use, hence I do not even try and use any of my EG's in the snow, I just cannot afford to take that risk! Enjoy your boots sir and I hope you never have to experience such a problem.

Thanks for the advice. This is pure, untouched snow. I was very mindful of salt.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Farhad,

have you tried using Saphir Hiver-Winter Salt and Snow Stain Remover or Saphir Reno'mat. I had a good experience removing stains with Reno'mat.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Farhad,

have you tried using Saphir Hiver-Winter Salt and Snow Stain Remover or Saphir Reno'mat. I had a good experience removing stains with Reno'mat.

Thank you for the advice, the Lobbs I don't have anymore but I will certainly try it on my Berluti.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I am organizing the group MTO buy for Edward Green Alderley, here are quick specs

Model : Alderley
Last : 202
Sole: Dainite or double dainite with storm welt
Color: Rosewood Country Carlf
Approximate price : $1100.00 shipped through Skoaktiebolaget

It is possible to order a different width.

So far Renton is interested so we need four more. Let me know if you are interested.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For snow boots I use SnoSeal. I've used Hiver but from my experience white vinegar & water works just as well. Condition afterwards.

I agree that I save the salt for my Tricker's and AS. :D

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Do you use SnoSeal on your EGs? Do you find that it darkens the leather?
Not with my EGs. Thin layers of SnoSeal didn't change the color too much. However, since I moved to MI, I went turbo on the SnoSeal and it darkened my acorn stows a little (not as dark as their "C" shade though). They look like they're lightening back up as the wax wears off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads