• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dumb things we see in the gym...

markb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
this could be cured by opening a gym for naked old fat men, a la Curves.

You're right. Then all the young shy guys can shower wearing their shorts or swim trunks and think it normal - LOL

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markb
You're right. Then all the young shy guys can shower wearing their shorts or swim trunks and think it normal - LOL

Do your genitalia look like a small nose on a round face?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by markb
LOL - as one of the older fat naked guys at the gym I'm really glad our efforts are paying off in making all the young nambi-pambi shy guys upset. You know, we don't really care if you look or not and we certainly don't care about looking at you. We revel in the fact that we are just guys who don't have to worry about such silly things anymore.

+1.

lefty

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably mentioned already but - Squat Rack Curlers. I hope they die miserable deaths.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Guys who break out air boxing & kicking in front of the mirror in between sets...

We had a guy like this...we called him "The Kicker". Although I never even saw him touch the weights...and his punching/kicking were done with no form whatsoever. Somehow he was buddies with all the regular 'top-tier' lifters at the gym.

What about the guys who, after each set (usually getting up from some sort of chest exercise) lift up their shirts and check out/flex their abs in the mirror for everyone to see? Like, between EVERY set. And they aren't even working their abs.

I saw someone mention 'jacked' as a term to describe someone who is ripped/buff...remember using 'yolked' and 'swoll' (did I even spell those correctly)? Or do people still use those terms?

pdeng

Reaction score
the dude with the banana hammock in the locker room

and no, i don't mean the underwear

8-Ball

Reaction score
My biggest pet peeve in the gym is seeing some jackass load up the bar and do heavy cheat-curls with it. The worst offender in my gym would get so much more from his membership if he got on the damn treadmill and just tried to lose some weight but instead he insists of slapping on the 45's and swinging the damn thing around. It's a wonder he doesn't bruise the back of his head of the ground he cheats so badly.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8-Ball
My biggest pet peeve in the gym is seeing some jackass load up the bar and do heavy cheat-curls with it. The worst offender in my gym would get so much more from his membership if he got on the damn treadmill and just tried to lose some weight but instead he insists of slapping on the 45's and swinging the damn thing around. It's a wonder he doesn't bruise the back of his head of the ground he cheats so badly.

I always suggested that they use a little more calve and lower back, try and do a wave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads