• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROPS: High end 40S/R SCs: Navy bespoke fresco, Caruso, Oxxford, Polo, Isaia

Status
Not open for further replies.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to ship CONUS only, but may consider international shipping on a case-by-case basis. All items are priced competitively for quick selling. Measurements are taken to the best of my ability, but do note that they are approximate. Don't hesitate to PM with any questions. Prices include Priority Mail shipping in the CONUS. Insurance will be optional, with buyer responsibility.

These are from my personal collection, condition ranging from gently worn to NWOT. Priced competitively to move quickly.

1. SOLD NWOT Caruso awesome tweed brown/olive mélange SC, tagged EU 50R but probably works for an S also. 100% fuzzy, heavy, awesome wool tweed in a super versatile weave of fall colors; works well with denim all the way up to flannels, and the weight means it is great for outerwear when you don’t feel like throwing on a jacket. A fall/winter essential. Made in Italy to Caruso mainline standards (full canvass), unlined (except for sleeves) very soft construction, super comfortable. Cool swelled edge detail, two patch/welt breast pockets, dual vents 3 roll 2.5. Bought NWOT from SF member TRINI, and I haven’t worn it. Working cuffs.

Chest: 42”
Shoulders: 18”
Sleeve: 24.25” (with about 2” extra opposite the buttons)
BOC: 29.5”

Caruso1.jpg

Caruso2.jpg

Caruso3.jpg

Caruso4.jpg

Caruso5.jpg

2. SOLD New Gordon Yao bespoke H&S Crispaire Navy Fresco Jacket
Unworn versatile navy blazer. 3 r 2, dual vent, flap pockets. Bottle green buggy lining. Tons of handwork, including pickstitching, handmade buttonholes, shirtsleeve (unpadded) shoulder. Full canvas and hand-padded lapel go without saying. Brown horn buttons, boat shaped breast pocket. Monogrammed initials on interior. Will fit a slim 40s very nicely (high armholes, slim sleeves, and etc). This would run you ~$1500 new.

Chest: 42"
Shoulders: 18.5
Sleeve: 24" w/ ~1.5" extra (functioning cuff)
BOC: 29.5"

3. $320 Oxxford classic navy blazer 40s. Quality is stunningly out of this world—hand finishing everywhere (check out details on the beautiful buttonholes, the hand-sewn bartacks on the hip pockets, the lapel pad stitching) in typical Oxxford fashion; full canvass goes without saying. Beautiful hopsack-y navy blazer fabric with cool MOP shell buttons—no one will mistake this for an orphaned suit jacket. 2 button, two flapped hip/breast welt pockets, fully lined, dual vents (try finding that on most Oxxfords!). Best part is the fit: it’s quite a flattering silhouette! With quite well shaped lines, it defies Oxxford’s generally sack-like reputation. Barely worn, in pristine, as-new condition;. Can’t say enough about the quality of this piece—buttonholes, finished on both sides, are the best I’ve ever seen. A classic American navy blazer of superlative quality with a more modern fit. Had the sleeves finished and sides taken in by a tailor who does bespoke work (he recut the side seam), so really great alterations work. Working cuffs.

Chest: 21”
Shoulders: 18.75”
Sleeve: 24” with ~ 2” extra (functioning cuff)
BOC: 29.5”

Oxxford5.jpg

4. SOLD gently worn Polo II navy blazer 40s
Classic and versatile piece. 3 r 2.5, dual vent, fully lined, half canvass, made by Corneliani in Italy out of a great mid-weight navy wool twill. Brown horn buttons and flap pockets. This one is in gently used condition. I had the sides slimmed a bit and the collar lowered--you can see one of the hand stitches under the collar has come a bit loose, but it's an easy fix. In the awesome Polo II silhouette, with soft shoulders and moderately slim lines.

Chest: 41"
Shoulders: 18.25"
Sleeve: 24" with 2" extra (non-functioning)
BOC: 29.25"

5. $180 Corallorosso by Isaia 40s tan check sport coat
Gently worn Isaia sport coat. The Corallorosso line is full canvas, lacking some handfinished details of top-line Isaia, but with a finish that I'd say is on par with Corneliani and Canali. Two button, dual vent, super soft shoulders, awesome silhouette, fully lined. Beautiful mid to light weight wool in a versatile tan/brown check pattern. In gently worn condition--one of the sleeve buttons has cracked, but I will include the replacement (as long as I can locate it).

Chest: 42"
Shoulders: 18.5"
Sleeve: 24" w/ 2" extra (non-functioning cuffs)
BOC: 28.75"

7F40AE41-ECA7-4590-BFD0-65A712451153-16953-00000D5FAAB7996A_zps76c4d29b.jpg

Attachments

• 0610F17B-C5C1-42C1-89D9-E79BD27ED825-16953-00000D5FAEFDCB9F_zpse6b34ddd.jpg
    0610F17B-C5C1-42C1-89D9-E79BD27ED825-16953-00000D5FAEFDCB9F_zpse6b34ddd.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01360.JPG
    DSC01360.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads