• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shoe for rain

inq89

Reaction score
What’s your go-to make/model for dress shoes in the rain? Something I can wear suits and slacks with. I don’t want to use rubber covers nor change with Wellington’s.

Go with an oxford, brogue or chukka boot?

Seems Cordovan and Dainite Sole works the best. While others say a plain leather sole works just as well. Thoughts?

Looking at the C&J Pembroke with Daninite in dark brown grain leather. Would that be a good alternative to cordovan? Or is it more of a casual weekender as opposed to business and office use? Otherwise may go with AE 5th Ave with Dainite.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d go with rubber soles if you’re going to be spending lots of time on wet ground. And make sure they are very well-shined to get a waterproof surface on the leather. Wipe them off once you’re indoors and Bob’s your uncle.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s your go-to make/model for dress shoes in the rain? Something I can wear suits and slacks with. I don’t want to use rubber covers nor change with Wellington’s.

Go with an oxford, brogue or chukka boot?

Seems Cordovan and Dainite Sole works the best. While others say a plain leather sole works just as well. Thoughts?

Looking at the C&J Pembroke with Daninite in dark brown grain leather. Would that be a good alternative to cordovan? Or is it more of a casual weekender as opposed to business and office use? Otherwise may go with AE 5th Ave with Dainite.

Thanks for any suggestions!

How often do you expect to be walking long in rain? If it’s often, get more than one pair. I have oxblood fifth ave in dainite as a rain shoe. I like it. I also have two wingtip shoes with v tap treads (AE Whitney), in dark brown and black. Getting a variety of versitle colors is a good idea. Oxblood and brown will go with navy and grey. Brown goes with brown.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hanry01