• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress shirts Sub $100

lawsuit

Reaction score
Anyone have any brands they recommend? I've have owned the following:

1. Brooks Brothers: $98-$75.
The most expensive, I like the variety of fits although I think the fabric quality isn't what it was. Are they trading on their name?

2. MacCluer: $90-65
I stumbled across them at a small men's apparel stop and fell in love. I like the fabric and particular the substantial collar. I live and die by the collar and I don't starch so I like a shirt collar that can hold its shape.

3. Lord & Taylor Black Brown 1826. $80-50
Smooth feeling fabric on the thin side can be a benefit in hot weather.

4. EAGLE: $80-45
Non Iron works well, but tend to wear out quicker, fabric is ok not as nice as others.

I try not to invest too much in a shirt since I usually dispose of after a year due ring around the collar, sweat stains, and fraying at the cuff. I also figure anything over $100, you might as well go MTM.

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only brand I can think of is Charles Tyrwhitt, which can be around $50 but only when you buy four or more. No personal experience with them, but I know people that have them. If you toss your shirts after a year, they should fit the bill.

Fallow

Reaction score
How do you like your shirts to fit?

I've heard the Charles Tyrwhitt fits rather large, though they do have a super slim fit, which generally fits much better.

If you do like a tailored look, I would suggest looking at some Scandinavian brands. They seem to get the fabric, fit combo.

lawsuit

Reaction score
I tried on a SuitSupply shirt and was impressed with the quality.

Up until now I never paid any attention to the fit of the shirt. I can now understand why people go mtm route because it can be headache trying to find an otr shirt that is neither too tight or baggy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics