• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Downtown Los Angeles Bars

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I was over there for Mother's Day. It's similar but not as extravagant as what you'd find down here. I thought all Peruvian places were like Pollo Inka, kind of how most Colombian or South American places are in general, and was shocked to see several upscale chains down here.

You need to hit Chichen Itza at that same location if you haven't already. Really great cochinita pibil tacos, maybe some of the best I've had.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erictheobscure
Greetings from downtown. Just leaving the Library Bar--great place but packed in the evenings. You need to add the Varnish to your list. Best cocktail bar around these parts.

And I've found the crowd at 7 Grand intolerable.

varnish is awesome, best made drinks in LA imo. association used to be killer, but last time I went there it ******* sucked. library is ok, food is better than crowd. 7 grand is good if you can catch it on an off night. villans is **************. edison is a bunch of bro's. bar c is supposed to be weird french maid themed, but last time I went it was just awkward. i usually just head to far bar nowadays. know the bartenders and walking distance from my buddy's place.

s2kev

Reaction score
Villains Tavern has been my new favorite downtown spot. They have really good house drinks, sometimes cool bands, no cover, free parking. I suggest arrive before 10:30 or so to avoid a long line.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just came back from 7grand where I met poly800rock - was fun, but they don't know how to make a drink, they don't even know how to find a bottle of whisky from their menu in their shelves based on the silhouette it seems.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Just came back from 7grand where I met poly800rock - was fun, but they don't know how to make a drink, they don't even know how to find a bottle of whisky from their menu in their shelves based on the silhouette it seems.

DUDE IT IS N0T KOREA, OR JAPAN. LA IS TAME! ASIA MEETUP IN FEB. i'm going back to nam

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll drag out Ton/Analyst from bangkok, we'll have a splendid time

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Los Balcones is good but I don't have a huge frame of reference.

Sorry for the derail, but this is more along the lines of what I meant and it isn't even as interesting as their other dishes:
Photo0043.jpg

It's the Inka flank steak (folded over) with jumbo shrimp and some kind of Peruvian "salad" on top as a garnish.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is that in CR? It looks like Los Balcones actually.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a place called Inka Grill, a Peruvian chain that I think is in other countries including the US. There's another chain called Chancay that has a similar "upscale" take on Peruvian cuisine. Chancay is interesting in that their menu is Peruvian as Peruvian gets; it's loaded with not just the favorites but a lot of Chinese plates, too. Next time you're at Balcones, see if they have a causa Limeña. Easily one of my favorite appetizers.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by s2kev
Villains Tavern has been my new favorite downtown spot. They have really good house drinks, sometimes cool bands, no cover, free parking. I suggest arrive before 10:30 or so to avoid a long line.

Tony's is a far better crowd.

Saltricks

Reaction score
Los Balcones has dropped in quality after their renovation. It used to be a lot better. Still decent, however.

Mo-Chica has horrible customer service and the food there is either bland or sour. Chitchen Itza is in the same food court, so if you're going to be around USC, there is that choice.

Mario's is a ghettoish Peruvian food place that is delicious, but lacking on the ambience/cleanliness.

I get around LA alot so, if you have any specific other questions, I may be able to help.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really disagree about mo-chica. the food i've had there has been brilliant. really amazing ... this little food court and these really high-finish dishes come out. there is no service to speak of ... you go up and order at a window. but the food is terrific. also looking forward to trying a new one, chimu, at the grand central market. we just reviewed it today so i'll probably give it a week or two to calm down.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover