• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot (2149).png
Screenshot (2147).png
Screenshot (2148).png

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edward Sexton made suits for people like David Bowie and Mick Jagger. His whole thing was to provide an alternative to the stuffy rigidness of traditional saville row tailors.

This guy gets it. If anything, Sexton himself would most likely disagree with all the naysayers here.

Retri

Reaction score
It's a stupid and juvenile attempt to casualise a suit that costs more than some people monthly salary. Edward Sexton, the most structured of the London tailors , but in a cool , like casual style, you dig? Pathetic

With all the due respect, elegance ought to be context-sensitive and being able to defuse the formality of an otherwise ultra-formal outfit by sprinkling in some streetwear or gorpcore elements might be the difference between blending in or sticking out like a sore thumb in a sea of athleisure, ill fitting fast fashion knockoffs and polos'n chinos.

I mean, that's the whole shtick of super popular CM brands such as Drake's, so it's not like we're reinventing the wheel either.

Silk t-shirts and knit tops underneath a DB that fits generously are also a nice callback to the 80's.

Last edited:

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be curious for style feedback on my most recent DB (tried a new tailor). I think it actually fits well, but keeps feeling off to me because the wrap is narrower than that of my other DB suits, but I can't tell what it looks like from an outside perspective. (I don't want to ask to change something that's really a matter of house style, if that makes sense.)

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrCoCo