• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like the country you currently live in?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i love this one. just hate to see whats happening to it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat
Generally, I have to say that I love living in Germany.
Every place has its up- ad downsides but after having lived in the US and been to a lot of countries I have to say that this is it. Only possible exception being Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland but these aren't that different... in choosing a lifestyle it's pretty much what I want here.

You are still suffering from Cordoba. Kudos
laugh.gif

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really happy, although I do not know if I will stay here forever. I think having kids will make me re-think my priorities and could be one reason to move.

One interesting aspect of being an immigrant/ex-pat is how everything that happens here becomes a reflection of the country itself. I mean, in the U.S., if some person working in a store is kind of slow, I think "hm, slow person...annoying" and I move on. If it happens here, I think "aargh, the Spanish are sooo slow" and commiserate with my other "expat" friends about how slow the people here are, etc. It's a bad tendency that I have to consciously fight against.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 604guy
I voted sometimes. I live in Canada, however in the area I live (Vancouver) housing costs are ridiculous, there are nothing but douchebags in clubs and a great underappreciation of art and style. I am seriously considering moving to Montreal.

+10000000000
laugh.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in toronto and i think its one of the best places you could probably live. amazing night life, one of the most multicultural cities in the world, very safe, so much to do etc.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I certainly disagree with a lot of what the government does, however the United States is home. I'd love to visit other places, but as an American I don't think I could adjust to life outside of the US.

Meursault

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
If anyone cares, living in the UK is driving me nuts today.

Your Primark skirt and Croyden accent give you away. Drink up and head back to your flatshare in Clapham.

K

Oy! Nothing wrong with Clapham. Also, your most famous neighbour is a Croyden girl, so you can't talk.
tounge.gif

I'm not sure what I think about Britain as a place to live, but I love London. I can see myself living in lots of cities in the world, not all of them capitals, but in the UK, only London (and Oxford). If London were to disappear tomorrow, I don't think I could ever see myself living anywhere else in the UK. So I suppose I like the city more than the country.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got to be either crazy or rich to willingly live anywhere other than the USA.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
You've got to be either crazy or rich to willingly live anywhere other than the USA.

So Canada and Western Europe are that different?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meursault
Oy! Nothing wrong with Clapham. Also, your most famous neighbour is a Croyden girl, so you can't talk.
tounge.gif

I'm not sure what I think about Britain as a place to live, but I love London. I can see myself living in lots of cities in the world, not all of them capitals, but in the UK, only London (and Oxford). If London were to disappear tomorrow, I don't think I could ever see myself living anywhere else in the UK. So I suppose I like the city more than the country.

I think she moved out a little while ago, but you are right. I was just being an ass that day. Do you live in Clapham? (Its actually a cool area, but I wont admit that in public)

I think I agree about liking London, but not necessarily the country. I lived in Oxford for a while, and as a student its great, but there is little point once you finish.

If it wasnt for London, and the friends that I have here I wouldn't be living in the UK

K

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I've lived most of my life outside of the US, in several countries. I chose to raise my family in the states. I think that the US is the most comfortable place to live and the best place to raise a family. the vast majoirty of issues people raise against the US are raised because the person hasn't lived outside the US.

there are things that I miss - the US has a lot less "character" than a lot of places, but that isn't always a bad thing in places you live. I prefer to visit character and live in comfort and safty

this pretty much nails it. america is that bland, stale, suburb full of tract housing that you criticize when you are young, then when you get old and have kids you find yourself shopping for a house there.
laugh.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
this pretty much nails it. america is that bland, stale, suburb full of tract housing that you criticize when you are young, then when you get old and have kids you find yourself shopping for a house there.
laugh.gif

I sometimes wonder if I will feel the same way.

Looking at the twatty kids I see on the tube, I dont wan't to raise kids in London. But then I wouldn't want to raise kids in the cultural vacuum that is suburban America.

Plus London is freaking expensive when you consider school fees and the cost of a 4+ bedroom house.

Maybe I will just move back to Amseterdam. I think the Dutch have it right when it comes to quality of life

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads