• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you know what I fkn can't stand?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I show up at Freeman's for dinner and everyone's dead, now I'll know where to send the cops.

You should drink at The Local whnay - no poseurs there
teacha.gif
teacha.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I swear to Levi's...

If I see another douche bag with a woolrich flannel shirt on during August with a Starbuck triple latte in his left paw ... ame goes for the cockroaches who sport the indy boots (and matching temple of doom cap) with the Macbooks.

Levi's: Own one pair (kept at Montana ranch)
Woolrich flannel shirt: never heard of Woolrich
Starbucks Triple Latte: only on a cold morning ... although in the Bay Area that can happen in August ... or even July ... as it "It'll be a cold day in July ..." well, it often is.
Indy Boots: never heard of 'em.
Temple of Doom Cap: never heard of this either.
Macbooks: Not a clue.

However I do use the words sartorial and sprezzatura ... although I tend to speak Italian with a French accent.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Levi's: Own one pair (kept at Montana ranch)
Woolrich flannel shirt: never heard of Woolrich
Starbucks Triple Latte: only on a cold morning ... although in the Bay Area that can happen in August ... or even July ... as it "It'll be a cold day in July ..." well, it often is.
Indy Boots: never heard of 'em.
Temple of Doom Cap: never heard of this either.
Macbooks: Not a clue.

However I do use the words sartorial and sprezzatura ... although I tend to speak Italian with a French accent.

How can you not know what any of that is? Are you 4 or 404?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
How can you not know what any of that is? Are you 4 or 404?
Fifty-Something ... or Seven Hundred and Fifty-Something ... it's been so long I just don't remember.

Oh ... MacBook ... as in Apple. That one I know ... but I don't own one.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, to be clear--

Reading/writing online about trying hard to look like a silly idealized version of something you're not, spending free time in secondhand shops = not cool with whnay.

5 years as an active member of an online forum dedicated to clothing, nearly 2^13 posts, enough trips to enough tailors/makers to determine which ones are worth stops on international travel = entirely cool with whnay.

Not to say you don't have a point.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same goes for any city comso who think's they fkn chop down pine trees because they wear Alden boots.

"Think's" what's a "think's"?

Love my Alden work boots, I got the extra precious Ultimate Indy from Tom at Leathersoul to wear around the city (if you can call Boston a city) just to be all the more annoying to you. Me? I like folks who make grammatical errors in their "big timer" criticisms of all the "small timers."

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Simple fkn liberal basterds.

If I see another douche bag..............I'm going to kick his fkn teeth into the curb.

If I heard a man say any of the above with a straight face I'd sucker punch them.

I couldn't give a pork n beans what these clowns wear so long as they didn't infect others.

You should have worn a hat (or at least a "˜temple-of-doom-cap') in the summer heat. - Now you've got that heatstroke!

Stay a few days in a darkened room. - I hope you'll get better soon!!!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't particularly care for certain things others do ...am not all that fond of certain words and phrases others use ... but I dont' think I've ever allowed myself to have such a hissy-fit over it ... nor threatened such violence.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I don't particularly care about certain things others do ...am not all that fond of certain words and phrases others use ... but I dont' think I've ever allowed myself to have such a hissy-fit over it ... nor threatened such violence.

Do not judge Nay until you are forced to live in an Atlanta suburb as does he.

Until you walk a mile in his tiny shoes, it is really impossible for normal people who live on the seacoasts to understand such diminutive rage.

- B

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I swear to Levi's...

If I see another douche bag with a woolrich flannel shirt on during August with a Starbuck triple latte in his left paw I'm going to kick his fkn teeth into the curb.

Same goes for the cockroaches who sport the indy boots (and matching temple of doom cap) with the Macbooks. On expeditions for fagtor bones in satans alley.

It's too damn hot in Atlanta to be wearing flannel anything. If you see that douche at Starbucks Bill call me on the cell. I'll come downtown and hold him down for the beating.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Given that Bill is white, I doubt it was a Buckhead bar.
laugh.gif

I am pretty sure that he was at the Clermont when he made his original post.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads