• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you consider yourself to be a moral person?

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think one way to see if you're moral or not is follow Kant's Categorical Imperative.
Basically it says to only do what you would allow others to do.

I'm a Moral Person but my friend doesn't think so. For example, when we go to stores, say J.crew, I try stuff on and just leave in the dressing room, or I don't put back things where they belong and I tell him that the workers will do. He tells me it's f'd up and impolite to do so but isn't that what the employees are for? I don't work there so why should I do their job? I mean yeah it'd be helpful but they freaking work there! If I worked at retail I would understand that this comes with the job. Who's right? Me or him?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Freewheeler
Thanks, but this is nothing new to me.

alright i cant believe im doing this because i hated when it was done to me. but you need to be told this so here goes. assuming you are not the sock of one of two recently TO'ed posters

i think im one of the more easy going people here, especially considering how much inane **** i put up every day. nonetheless, you cant just waltz into this place and from post 1 say dumb **** and spit in the face of long time and respected members (not me) and expect not to be mocked. keep at it and i bet within a short period of time you blow a fuse and get banned. however if you chill out and stop pushing back so hard and try at least a little bit to get along you will have much better odds of having an enjoyable experience here.

aight 3 wheeler

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
I think one way to see if you're moral or not is follow Kant's Categorical Imperative. Basically it says to only do what you would allow others to do. I'm a Moral Person but my friend doesn't think so. For example, when we go to stores, say J.crew, I try stuff on and just leave in the dressing room, or I don't put back things where they belong and I tell him that the workers will do. He tells me it's f'd up and impolite to do so but isn't that what the employees are for? I don't work there so why should I do their job? I mean yeah it'd be helpful but they freaking work there! If I worked at retail I would understand that this comes with the job. Who's right? Me or him?
What the fuckk?? It may be nice, and cool of you, to put the **** back, but it's not amoral not to... wtf... is your friend a devout christian/catholic/anything? If that's considered amoral in a religion these days it just shows how wacky religious people can get. Not putting stuff back after the dressing room? Come the **** on... I hope I didn't just get trolled....

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
alright i cant believe im doing this because i hated when it was done to me. but you need to be told this so here goes. assuming you are not the sock of one of two recently TO'ed posters

i think im one of the more easy going people here, especially considering how much inane **** i put up every day. nonetheless, you cant just waltz into this place and from post 1 say dumb **** and spit in the face of long time and respected members (not me) and expect not to be mocked. keep at it and i bet within a short period of time you blow a fuse and get banned. however if you chill out and stop pushing back so hard and try at least a little bit to get along you will have much better odds of having an enjoyable experience here.

aight 3 wheeler

I can do exactly that. This is an internet forum where people provide their opinion. I am not going to be what you want me to be. I am going to be myself, regardless of any long time and "respected" members. They are no better than me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can do exactly that. This is an internet forum where people provide their opinion. I am not going to be what you want me to be. I am going to be myself, regardless of any long time and "respected" members. They are no better than me.

holy ******* shitballs man you are really trying not to get it. im not saying dont be yourself. i am myself all day, and most people here are themselfs too, and everyone gets flak now and then. but you can be yourself in a way thats respectful of others or not. you are clearly choosing the latter and its not doing you any favors.

no one is "better" than you so to speak but that doesnt excuse you from behaving with some common courtesy. does the fact that you are getting similar tones from literally everybody not raise a little red flag at all for you?

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
holy ******* shitballs man you are really trying not to get it. im not saying dont be yourself. i am myself all day, and most people here are themselfs too, and everyone gets flak now and then. but you can be yourself in a way thats respectful of others or not. you are clearly choosing the latter and its not doing you any favors.

no one is "better" than you so to speak but that doesnt excuse you from behaving with some common courtesy. does the fact that you are getting similar tones from literally everybody not raise a little red flag at all for you?

I have said nothing that is offensive or that could be deemed attacking someone. You are way off base here. Just worry about yourself and don't be concerned about me.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy ******* shitballs man you are really trying not to get it. im not saying dont be yourself. i am myself all day, and most people here are themselfs too, and everyone gets flak now and then. but you can be yourself in a way thats respectful of others or not. you are clearly choosing the latter and its not doing you any favors. no one is "better" than you so to speak but that doesnt excuse you from behaving with some common courtesy. does the fact that you are getting similar tones from literally everybody not raise a little red flag at all for you?
It's a troll my man. Ignore button and move on.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK

yeah i still think its a sock. i was gonna give it a 3 post benefit of the doubt, but two will do.

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not trolling in any capacity. I am just providing an opinion that differs from yours.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trolling in every capacity. I am just being a troll.

It's hilarious that blah blah blah troll blah blah

Well that's good - I am better off trolling blah blah blah.

sorry after 1 AM shenanigan, i am done now i think

btw - learn to edit your posts

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah i still think its a sock. i was gonna give it a 3 post benefit of the doubt, but two will do.

It's hilarious that you even think in this capacity. Don't you have better things to do with your life?

Freewheeler

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
sorry after 1 AM shenanigan, i am done now i think

Well that's good - I am better off this way without you chiming in how I post. It's been grand.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, of all the off-the-wall **** that gets thrown around on this forum, whatever Freewheeler said didn't even get a raised eyebrow from me.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So let me get this straight - any kind of opposing view or "controversial" (from your point of view) stance that differs from yours has to be someone trolling? Everyone who doesn't think like you should be censored right?

HEY MAN, how've you been?

Originally Posted by tagutcow
Honestly, of all the off-the-wall **** that gets thrown around on this forum, whatever Freewheeler said didn't even get a raised eyebrow from me.

It's not what he said that set off everyone's troll detectors; it's his tone.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker