• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Hate.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just showed my mom pics of the 3sixteen jawns I was planning on buying, and she threw a fit. She started off about how she'd never spent that much (175 bucks) on denim, you won't wear them in the summer, how they wont fit me (Despite the fact they'll stretch 2-3 inches in the waist
plain.gif
), etcetera. When I tried to explain, she said that not washing pants for a year is disgusting, and said she had to walk away and cool down. Holy ****. I was just wondering if anyone else here has been yelled at for liking raw denim, or something similar.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents actually like my jeans (nudie); they say it reminds them of their old Levi's back in the 50's-60's. My parents actually don't care it I spend a lot on clothing since they kind of like the fact that I have to work hard for my clothing just like they did, since average clothing then was not as cheap as average clothing is today. But honestly, why start a thread about this? Why did you even show her pics? FYI spending a lot on clothing will just tick a lot of people off, so unless asked by another clothing enthusiast, it is best to stay quiet.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
My parents actually like my jeans (nudie); they say it reminds them of their old Levi's back in the 50's-60's. My parents actually don't care it I spend a lot on clothing since they kind of like the fact that I have to work hard for my clothing just like they did, since average clothing then was not as cheap as average clothing is today.

That's cool. I wish I could say I have a job, but I'm apparently too young for a cashier position. However, it's my money I'm spending, so I think I should be allowed to do what the **** I want with it. I think she has the idea that clothing is clothing, which is simply untrue. Quality is key mofuckas.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
My parents actually like my jeans (nudie); they say it reminds them of their old Levi's back in the 50's-60's. My parents actually don't care it I spend a lot on clothing since they kind of like the fact that I have to work hard for my clothing just like they did, since average clothing then was not as cheap as average clothing is today. But honestly, why start a thread about this? Why did you even show her pics? FYI spending a lot on clothing will just tick a lot of people off, so unless asked by another clothing enthusiast, it is best to stay quiet.

I showed her cuz I don't have a credit card, and I thought she'd like them.
facepalm.gif
And as for starting the threaf, I just thought it'd be nice to discuss the haters.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Did your parents give you the money?

skunkworks

Reaction score
Some of you high school MFers should get jobs before you consider buying frivolous premium clothing. This thread is ridiculous.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How old are you? There are other jobs besides being a cashier, go bag groceries. You're mom has every right to be ticked off if you are using her money.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skunkworks
Some of you high school MFers should get jobs before you consider buying frivolous premium clothing. This thread is ridiculous.

+1. I'm a senior in high school now (until the end of this week, then I'm done
laugh.gif
) and make all of my own money...

As for the no credit-card situation, you can get a paypal easily (I did when I was 15), transfer from a bank savings account, and then use their "Secure Card" feature that'll generate a debit card number for you to use on non-Paypal-accepting websites.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
+1. I'm a senior in high school now (until the end of this week, then I'm done
laugh.gif
) and make all of my own money...

As for the no credit-card situation, you can get a paypal easily (I did when I was 15), transfer from a bank savings account, and then use their "Secure Card" feature that'll generate a debit card number for you to use on non-Paypal-accepting websites.

Or he can go open a checking acount and get a debit card, AND get a job to fill the account.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Sorry guys. It's my hard saved cash from random labor and what not, she does the credit card ****, then I pay up for it with physical money. Sorry about pissing y'all off. I just was gonna buy them, as they look really cool.

skunkworks

Reaction score
If it's money you've earned proper, then you've earned the right to spend it on things you don't need (like expensive jeans). My issue was more with kids spending money that they don't have, or kids spending their parents' money and getting whiny when they disapprove.

Def go Paypal route then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads