• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deleted

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this an SF approved brand? will i be rocking and steezing if i buy some gilded age?

Regal

Reaction score
Your question is apparently not cool enough. Seems straightforward to me, but what do I know?

I'd provide some insight but I'm not familiar with Gilded Age.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a solid brand with a rep for good knits. It's sold at the BNY co-op if that adds any cool points. Go for it.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a weird brand in some ways.

Some of it is made in Japan and the quality on those pieces are very good. The rest are made in China...

raven37457

Reaction score
I like the brand. I have several bd's, t's and knits. Manufacturing location is dependant on the item and season. Most of their higher end knits, pants and denim are mij. Bd's from past seasons Hong Kong and newer seasons China. However, as mentioned by other members, location of production is not the best indicator of quality. With this said, I find the overall quality is good. The retail price point of the pieces is high but Stefan holds approximately two sample sales per year in NYC. The sample sales discount items at 70% or more. Also, keep in mind, Gilded Age takes phone orders during the sample sale. Fit is tts on bd's and the cut is great not BoO slim but slim enough. Pants and jeans vary piece to piece. I suggest you become familiar with the product and wait for a sample sale, unless gilt prices blow you away. I partially agree with ppllzz, the s/s 2010 had an abercrombie aesthetic.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
It's a weird brand in some ways.

Some of it is made in Japan and the quality on those pieces are very good. The rest are made in China...

I agree with robin the fabric, dye and craftmanship on the mij pieces are top notch.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on some of their jeans. Good fit, good material, a bit pricey. Could be a good time to buy on Gilt.

tellure

Reaction score
I went to their last sample sale in NYC and I wasn't super impressed. Their distressed denim, which seemed to make up the majority of their jeans, didn't look much better than Adriano Goldschmied or Diesel, but at 2-3x the price (MSRP, sample sale prices were good.. ~$70 for a pair of jeans). Their shirts looked decent, but they didn't have any in my size at the sample sale.

Also, none of their jeans seemed to come in a 34 inseam.. everything was 32. If this suits you, you could also check out the Barneys sale online, which has a bunch of Gilded Age denim right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads