• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cutout and Drape fashion design by Eric Glennie

eric glennie

Reaction score
I have been showing you guys cutout and cutaway fashion design for 3 plus years and predicted this unique style would be all over Europe and Asia these last two seasons. Its such a beautiful and unique concept invented in Minnesota about 15 years ago. So I am excited to introduce a spinoff. Part cutout fashion and part shadow fashion called cut and drape fashion design. You heard it from me~ the future of couture ~ Couture for women and couture for men. Hollywood stars are ecstatic over cutout fashion design , exemplified by Pucci's cutout dress for Fergie on Dave Letterman. I am still awaiting my check, gentlemen.

Isaac Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every Action there is an Equal but Opposite Reaction. Fashion also follows the laws of physics and produces natural, true looks following the theories of scientific fact . Cutout and Drape fashion design is a spin off of shadow fashion. As light falls upon an object at a specific angle, a shadow is cast that is equal in size and is the mirror opposite the object. With cut and drape fashion design, the cutout has a corresponding drape that is equal and a mirror opposite. Watch the variety and versatility in draping and pleating with cutout and drape fashion design. This is a new technique in draping with unlimited and unique looks. Each cutout is unique in size and length with its corresponding drape falling scientifically via the laws of angled gravity anywhere on the garment where a cutout can cast its shadow or drape.

The Next Equation in design for Haute Couture

Please checkout my website www.ericglennie.com under zipper tie to see how cutout squares, rectangles, semi circles, and triangles drape into place

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this: I hate the Drape.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Does not look haute couture at all.

eric glennie

Reaction score
It about imagination Mafoofan! Cutout Shapes independently or in series creates a mulititude of unique looks when allowed to drape into place. The skill is how to measure and place your cuts to create unique looks which is the beauty of couture ( one of a kind). Just like the spots on the leopard and your own fingerprints are unique, so will be the measure and slope of the cuts in cutout and drape fashion design.

eric glennie

Reaction score
I feel so misunderstood. Most designers today draw a sketch and bring their drawings to a seamstress to make their dress or outfit. Most designers today dont actually sit at a sewing machine and make their designs. Checkout the videos from Marc Jacobs, Lagerfeld, and such. They have the inspiration , and the team around them brings their drawings to life. I am no different, except my drawings are my photos. Now, I just need to find a team to bring them to life. I am not psychotic, just misunderstood because my techniques are differerent. I use deductive logic and science for inspiration whereas most use art and whimpsical.

There is nothing more true and pure than science. You are so used to fashion brilliance defined with embellishment and outfits loused with crap.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Uh...to put it simply, it's not that you're misunderstood. It's just that it's ugly. Sorry, dude :\\

IchDien

Reaction score
Further to what people have said, here are my deductions. I have seen what you have come up with on this site many times, and indeed, have also seen many of your past ideas.

For me, the real reason why you will never be a designer is because your fashions and ideas are so heavily entrenched with mid-west "middle america" ideas and styles. Nothing is cutting edge; nothing is internationally applicable. You design clothes for those in your exact same situation and geographic area, and for this reason, they would never sell other than to that very specific market.

Besides, everything looks just ever so shoddy. Stop messing around trying to come up with some ground breaking and revolutionary new cut or style. Concentrate upon fabrics and intricacy in order to impress an image of elegance, rather than a blunt outrageously different design. You can't see the wood for the trees right now.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IchDien
Further to what people have said, here are my deductions. I have seen what you have come up with on this site many times, and indeed, have also seen many of your past ideas.

For me, the real reason why you will never be a designer is because your fashions and ideas are so heavily entrenched with mid-west "middle america" ideas and styles. Nothing is cutting edge; nothing is internationally applicable. You design clothes for those in your exact same situation and geographic area, and for this reason, they would never sell other than to that very specific market.

Besides, everything looks just ever so shoddy. Stop messing around trying to come up with some ground breaking and revolutionary new cut or style. Concentrate upon fabrics and intricacy in order to impress an image of elegance, rather than a blunt outrageously different design. You can't see the wood for the trees right now.

How do you inspire new ideas without searching outside the box. Inventors take chances and are ridiculed, often misunderstood. Why sit in a four by four cubicle wasting your life away when somebody might be inspired by some of these ideas to keep people working. I have had many of these ideas in my head for years, but they arent doing the fashion world or myself any good sitting between my ears or in my closet. Who cares if you dont like the idea because I am not here to make you happy. I am here to bring new ideas into the marketplace, whether I make them or not. My mark on the fashion world will probably be my ties and thats it, but does that mean all my other ideas I should keep to myself. I once had that notion, but realized I was being selfish when others may find inspiration and happiness with what I visualize. One thing you can say is that I am not boring. Your notion of fashion is the norm and sells clothes, but really sux. Like I said before, You can only embellish traditional clothes for so long before it become mundane. When you turn out the lights, its still the same **** under all the bling.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellerodrigue