• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netvine

Reaction score
Just received my HH Bounty Hunters from Bakers yesterday. The horsehide is amazing. Thicker than I thought it would be. Sizing is spot on. Came exactly as ordered. Can’t wait to break them in. They will be put to work as I work for the local telephone company. They will not be babied. Photos as they break in will soon follow.

View attachment 1110357
These are absolutely incredible. Horse Hide Bounty Hunter. Thank you for the picture! I am very envious. They look great with 100 sole as well. Ive had a lot of luck using lexol cleaner on my Hh semi dress every now and then from heavy outdoor use. The color improves so much HH is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

TH3515

Reaction score
Just curious, how many of you wear the 100 lug sole and don't use them for work? What was it like walking in soles? Are they flexible?
I use them on a pair of Smokejumpers for longer walks/hikes and bad weather. Very comfortable IMO. They actually feel softer and better damped than the thinner sole options.
The 100 does tend to clog with mud and gravel – this is something where newer, more modern tread patterns are clearly superior.
Furthermore, the fireproof 100"F" found on most White's is a terrible sole on ice and snow. This is probably due to its specific rubber compound – I have Vibram-soled Meindl mountaineering boots with identical tread pattern which have been great in winter.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
Mine work great in ice & snow - I never doubt my footwear when out and about in iffy conditions (like today, -29’C).

markythemartian

Reaction score
hi @sambam

I ordered a pair of MP service boots from bakershoe and I inquired if it is possible to replace the MP backstay to the one-piece M1 pattern instead. Can this be done? Thanks

fasthall

Reaction score
Received my second pair of White's few weeks ago. Ordered through Bakers. Thanks Kyle!
jrIbIAG.jpg

KhLVz7k.jpg

GGNjLGO.jpg

5tQkqcM.jpg

w2hi1kP.jpg

pJFXdzB.jpg

andy b.

Reaction score
Just curious, how many of you wear the 100 lug sole and don't use them for work? What was it like walking in soles? Are they flexible?

I wear boots with the 100 sole all the time. The only negative I find is the same as Legal Eagles noted, they track in a lot of mud and slush.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Received my second pair of White's few weeks ago. Ordered through Bakers. Thanks Kyle!
(pics)

Are those in dark brown waxed flesh? Those look like the same makeup as mine except mine are commando sole and I left the logo debossing on the top. Nice boots!

Edit: Just saw your crosspost of these on reddit, answering my question there (these are cinnamon, not dark brown).

Last edited:

fasthall

Reaction score
Are those in dark brown waxed flesh? Those look like the same makeup as mine except mine are commando sole and I left the logo debossing on the top. Nice boots!

Edit: Just saw your crosspost of these on reddit, answering my question there (these are cinnamon, not dark brown).

Looks more brown than cinnamon!

Yes, they are cinnamon. Color grading might change it a bit but I think the photos still show what they look like in real life.

LewisD92

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Just got pair of MP Service Boots in Cinnamon waxed flesh. I'm absolutely in love with them. Do you guys have any tips for the care of the waxy leather? I'm currently just wiping off all dirt, brushing with horsehair brush and leaving to rest with cedar shoe trees but I have no idea about conditioning or oil etc. so if you guys could help me out that'd be great!

Glass shoot

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. Just got pair of MP Service Boots in Cinnamon waxed flesh. I'm absolutely in love with them. Do you guys have any tips for the care of the waxy leather? I'm currently just wiping off all dirt, brushing with horsehair brush and leaving to rest with cedar shoe trees but I have no idea about conditioning or oil etc. so if you guys could help me out that'd be great!
Just brush tbh.
Wax will naturally wear off slowly w/ little to no care req'd.
You can use bick4 conditioner once/yr.

sambam

Reaction score
hi @sambam

I ordered a pair of MP service boots from bakershoe and I inquired if it is possible to replace the MP backstay to the one-piece M1 pattern instead. Can this be done? Thanks
We haven't really launched that style yet. We do have a collab with Huckberry going right now with that style. I need to let that play out another month than we will have that available.

TH3515

Reaction score
@sambam - are there any plans to bring in a light tan color of dress type leather? I’d love to see a tan HH, calf or Shell.
I'm pretty sure I saw a light tan (almost yellow) French calf on some builds for a Japanese shop. It doesn't show up in the online config tools. But then there's always light brown water buffalo and, um, buttercup ostrich ...:)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leanbiomeuk