• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MadM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I thought it was time to say hello..
I have been reading this thread for a while now, which resulted in 3 pairs of Whites boots. After getting the first one (perfecly fittet threw Bakers) i realized that i would never go bak to "normal" shoes.
For now i have an 8 inch workboot on the swing last, a bounty hunter in black dress and a SD in natural CXL on the classic last. theire all the same size and do all fit very good. This thread has been a huge help in making those choices.

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it!

Raminwhites--

I really like your configuration, indeed classy. My 6" F-R par in distressed look downright plain in comparison! It is a fantastic leather. I've never even considered the toe caps, but your build has me wondering why not?

Cheers!

Raminwhites

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I thought it was time to say hello..
I have been reading this thread for a while now, which resulted in 3 pairs of Whites boots. After getting the first one (perfecly fittet threw Bakers) i realized that i would never go bak to "normal" shoes.
For now i have an 8 inch workboot on the swing last, a bounty hunter in black dress and a SD in natural CXL on the classic last. theire all the same size and do all fit very good. This thread has been a huge help in making those choices.
You are a lucky man!

mr. burns

Reaction score
Hey guys, guess what, my third pair of whites just arrived today. Wow! What can I say, wow, this time I figure the size perfectly, now I know what you guys mean, fits like a glove. It's just so comfortable right out of the box, and I really love the distressed smooth leath, feels rich of oil, thicker yet still supple for my taste, and the vibram 430 feels some how softer than my one year old whites, not quite sure about that, maybe they changed the ingredients a bit, and the leather lace is better than before, not as thick, so now it can fit the speed hook perfectly. I am just so excited, some quick snaps to share.

View attachment 901636

View attachment 901637

View attachment 901638

Nice build. Similar to mine in some ways and it's crazy seeing new distressed smooth now. After 2 years and some Obenauf's, mine look more like brown smooth. It's crazy how much the leather changes over time, but is tough as nails.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joining the White's band wagon courtesy of Lost & Found:

White's.jpg

chicken1616

Reaction score
Yes, if you Obenauf distressed it will end up like smooth brown, which I don't mind. I just got a pair of distressed Packers, which I am Blackrocking. It seems like it will keep the character of the distressed that way.

seidel1910

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here, after lurking around learning from everyone for a few weeks. Currently have a pair of Bounty Hunters in distressed smooth that I love. I'm kind of interested in getting another pair in LTT (my favorite lacing configuration by far), but I've never seen a pair of BHs in that configuration before. Has anyone else?

Thanks!

andy b.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here, after lurking around learning from everyone for a few weeks. Currently have a pair of Bounty Hunters in distressed smooth that I love. I'm kind of interested in getting another pair in LTT (my favorite lacing configuration by far), but I've never seen a pair of BHs in that configuration before. Has anyone else?

Thanks!
Bounty Hunters aren't offered in LTT. When I asked about that a few years ago I was told it was due to the last used, and a LTT BH would just be a LTT Smokejumper in 6" height.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in a pair of MP Boots and I’m not sure in sizing. I’m about a 10 brannock and size between a 10 and 10.5 in sneakers, a 10 in Truman and a 9.5 in Vibergs 2030. What would you recommend?

Royteane

Reaction score
I’m interested in a pair of MP Boots and I’m not sure in sizing. I’m about a 10 brannock and size between a 10 and 10.5 in sneakers, a 10 in Truman and a 9.5 in Vibergs 2030. What would you recommend?
I'm about your size 10E brannock 10-10.5 sneaker, 10e Allen edmonds. I'm 9.5e in Whites.

ghkdlcm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I tried to comb through all the 600 pages, but oh well.

I don't have White's boots yet, but I am really interested in having a semi-dress ordered according to the following specs. It surprisingly hasn't been that easy to find images that match closely what I would like to order (specs that are the most important to me are bolded):

Item: White's Semi Dress Boots
Leather: Dress leather
Color: Black
Celastic Toe Box: None (unstructured toe)
Eyelet Color: Black
Eyelet Configuration: Eyelets & Hooks (or all eyelets)
Sole Trim: Close Trim
Sole: Vibram 700
Heel Shape: Block
Heel Height: Minus 1/4 inch

Midsole/Edge Color: Black
Semi Dress Last

Does anyone either own similar boots or have access to such images?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads