• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sambam

Reaction score

Curious about the lifestyle line but the MP commando boot sounds delish.
Real soon you say...looking forward to seeing them.

Yes our intro to the quote "service boot" will be the MP. Military police boot. After the footwear news platform show in Las Vegas the week of Feb 20 we should be open for orders on this model. If our lasts come in by then. Built on barrie last. 2 soles. Redone half lug (commando sole) and dainite sole. Most leathers will be available. No wb or french calf as of yet. I will keep you all informed.

chicken1616

Reaction score
The ingenuity of people never fails to amaze me. I just received a Nigerian Scam through private messaging on this forum. What next!

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
Oh, I see what you mean. Almost same as dress leather, just a little thicker. Thank you. I think I can get a shot right now.

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
This pair is exactly what I want to buy on eBay. your pair looks really great. Beautiful! I think I can give a shot now. Thank you very much!

chicken1616

Reaction score
I have SD's and Traveler's, same size, same width. To me only (caveat), the Traveler's (461) seem a little wider than the SD's (55).

malace201

Reaction score
Hello everyone new to SF had to make a profile after reading all the posts in this thread, just wanted to share pictures of the Kenyan bullhide semi dress I picked up off eBay while waiting for my custom packer boots to be made.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

roknrolusa

Reaction score
I have these in black (Chromexcel?) and they're ace
How did you go size wise?

Hello everyone new to SF had to make a profile after reading all the posts in this thread, just wanted to share pictures of the Kenyan bullhide semi dress I picked up off eBay while waiting for my custom packer boots to be made.
[/URL]
Welcome, looking good.

Last edited:

givemefive

Reaction score
Got a 10.5D Smokejumper to try on.

I made a red arrow where its a little tight. In the blue area I definitely have a little space

The ball of my foot may be a little forward of the widest part of the inside of the boot. The heel feels ok, but the instep may be a little tight, that may be just the arch-ease..

228fdb1c_tight.jpeg

This is how much room I have in the toe:

b7660385_toe.jpeg

Boots look good!
0b83a0ba_over.jpeg

I asked about an 11C Brandon from Baker's said:
You want about a thumb’s width from the end of the boot to your big toe. You would be looking at about 1/8” difference in length between an 11 and a 10.5. The width between a 10.5D and 11C is nearly identical. An 11C is going to be 1/8” narrower in the ball however will be 1/8” bigger in the instep and heel.

Some other opinions would be appreciated.

Royteane

Reaction score
I also have red and blue arrow problem with smokejumper last, but comfortably fit in SD last same size.

geremy

Reaction score
If I judged my boots just from a try on I probably would have ordered like an EEE instead of a D. I though something was definitely wrong and I could barely get them on. In less than 3 days, the fit like gloves and now I have to tie them pretty tightly if I wear thin socks. Don't know if this is true with all lasts, but I did think it has something to do with the rolled welt construction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads