• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geremy

Reaction score
Finally decided on my next pair. I went for the Cougar - northwest last, red dog roughout, brass eyes, rolled top, celastic toe, 2021 sand sole, natural edge. I don't have anything quite like this from White's. I emailed Kyle and he confirmed that the sizing up from my usual White's size was advisable (11.5D from the usual 11D). This is what I thought given that my Baker's Oxfords (northwest last) are also 11.5D. Let the waiting begin!
You're going to love them. I have the exact same build except with soft toe and lined.

sambam

Reaction score
I am glad to announce to all you White's oxford lovers. You can now purchase our 300 oxford and 54 oxford. Only catch is it can only be purchased at our retail store in Spokane or by calling our retail sales number. Thanks for being patient while I worked this out with our parent company.

sambam

Reaction score

@sambam, where do you guys sell your factory seconds?

If its a small cosmetic issue they usually go on ebay. Most ebay boots are ones where the order ticket was read wrong in the factory. Example is, boot called for no toe box but one was put in. We have been cutting old sample inventory and placing them on ebay. A construction issue is never put on ebay.

mr. burns

Reaction score

I am glad to announce to all you White's oxford lovers. You can now purchase our 300 oxford and 54 oxford. Only catch is it can only be purchased at our retail store in Spokane or by calling our retail sales number. Thanks for being patient while I worked this out with our parent company.

Awesome news. I'm not in the market, but I'll spread the word to those who would be interested.

Another forum you may be interested in joining is Superfuture. They have a section for denim/workwear and that's where all the boot discussion is but it's in a more broad topic called 'shoes that look better with age'. Lots of people in there that love/own/appreciate White's and other high quality brands of work and casual boots. I already shared your casual boot prototype built on the Barrie last and it got a very positive reception.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is awesome news! Thanks for doing that.

Kissmyanthia

Reaction score

Thank you sambam!

sambam

Reaction score

Awesome news. I'm not in the market, but I'll spread the word to those who would be interested.

Another forum you may be interested in joining is Superfuture. They have a section for denim/workwear and that's where all the boot discussion is but it's in a more broad topic called 'shoes that look better with age'. Lots of people in there that love/own/appreciate White's and other high quality brands of work and casual boots. I already shared your casual boot prototype built on the Barrie last and it got a very positive reception.

Thanks for the info.
I will check it out

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would like to know the same thing. Quick search turns up a few images but hard to know exactly what I'm looking at.

Oxfords sound good to me!

Will have to send in a fit sheet to White's.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/IMG][/IMG]

Just ordered the spare off of eBay. Sorry for the doubly crappy pictures, both cell phone and in the mirror. Been wanting to try a pair with a big rubber Vibram sole and also to see if a 9ee would work for me better than a 9.5e (the jury is out..).

What strikes me about these is how much more sprung the toe is compared to more standard soles. It actually seems close to a Viberg 310, which I love. It also has more arch support than I expected, doesn't seem much different actually from my standard whites...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads