• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
It may or may not work. They have a very well trained eye and lots of experience, and exotic leathers are not exactly inconspicuous;

EDIT I may have misinterpreted your question. No idea TBH.

Well thanks for trying.

I dont have any exotic leather but I am going there soon so it amused me to think about landing with those cayman boots and having the shoes taken off my feet at the airport.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple pictures from today.. I sanded the edges back to natural..

4b3150a5c3fab67d64061bfcb95b640d.jpg

5d0d65fc3f84eefccea67d14963639ad.jpg

df7513e370a1e69e3865873b582bd7b6.jpg

Last edited:

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
I have no idea how it happened, but the double stitching does make a big difference in the aesthetic of the toe cap, and as you stated is a huge improvement over the current single stitch.

I have also seen a few examples of other things that don't fall inline with the published options, such as toe caps on LTT boots and other stuff that I can't recall at the moment. I can only assume that these orders are coming through a trusted retailer like Kyle who maybe knows a rep at White's that's more receptive to true "custom" orders, or that he possibly just puts special requests down on the order form and hopes for the best and sometimes they slip through.

Royteane

Reaction score
Anybody tried using orthotics or adding insole into Whites? Does it work well and how to order the size up?

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried using orthotics or adding insole into Whites? Does it work well and how to order the size up?

Yes, though it's tricky because of the massive arch support already there. White's sells yellow superfeet to go with them -- these are actually made for hockey skates, so you have to trip the square front, but they work pretty well. Even better I found are Timberland High Cushion insoles:

http://www.zappos.com/timberland-pr...w8-1col1orderItems-orderItem1_product-8210381

Not sure about whether or not you need to size up, it could vary a lot by foot shape etc. For some reason, the White's I got were huge compared to what the try on boot was (long story...), so I actually needed to fill out some space, and the insoles work well for that.

Royteane

Reaction score

I don't understand why you would put non-prescription orthotics or insoles into whites.

For me, I have 2 reasons. I live in tropical country and dont familiar with snow. I wear sj to snowy hokkaido and my feet got cold from under the sole, so i thought an insole can be very helpful.
Secondly before knoowing Whites i wear good insole with Vasque boots. It soft and supportive, very comfortable. But the glued parts gone in just few months. So wonder if i can merge that comfortable insole with durable boots.

Neognosis

Reaction score
For me, I have 2 reasons. I live in tropical country and dont familiar with snow. I wear sj to snowy hokkaido and my feet got cold from under the sole, so i thought an insole can be very helpful.
Secondly before knoowing Whites i wear good insole with Vasque boots. It soft and supportive, very comfortable. But the glued parts gone in just few months. So wonder if i can merge that comfortable insole with durable boots.

I guess that makes sense.

hendjosh

Reaction score

What insoles do you use for insulation? My biggest complaint for my bounty hunters is that my feet get cold so fast in the winter.

broken_oracle

Reaction score

hendjosh

Reaction score
I generally wear Smart Wool medium weight socks, but sometimes I wear the the form fit heavy-weight versions when it gets below 32F. I have lace-to-toe bounty hunters so I'm pretty sure they are not too tight around my feet, but my feet get quite cold from "under the sole" as Royteane said.

Royteane

Reaction score

I generally wear Smart Wool medium weight socks, but sometimes I wear the the form fit heavy-weight versions when it gets below 32F. I have lace-to-toe bounty hunters so I'm pretty sure they are not too tight around my feet, but my feet get quite cold from "under the sole" as Royteane said. 

I experienced exactly the same scenario. I tried heavier socks, they were too tight.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Just received my bounty hunter 4.5 weeks from ordered!
Brown Dress, SD #55 last, single leather midsole, lowered block heel, Vibram 430 outsole, close trim.

Nice. Seeing those makes me want to order another pair.

And the turnaround time is fantastic. I'm pretty much turning into a big fan of Whites and a lot of that has to do with their fit which works very well for me compared to more than a few other makers I have tried.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads