• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone individually would need to bookmark versus just stickying once for everyone.

Also it doesn't solve the problem for newcomers.
Ah, I see. I think new comers should read through all 500+ pages just like I did when I found this thread lol

wsohn

Reaction score
I'm here! I'm not sure why my name was removed from the Galway spreadsheet, but I paid as soon as I got the email from Pernilla. :blush:

I've spoken with Caligula77, and everything is in order!

Uhh... wow.... so 13 people paid???

Thats gonna be a bit awkward.....

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm here! I'm not sure why my name was removed from the Galway spreadsheet, but I paid as soon as I got the email from Pernilla. :blush:

I've spoken with Caligula77, and everything is in order!
Ah good!!

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the current sheet updated? Dumb question but rather not hassle C&J as I was told Mr. Jones approved this makeup himself regulating the Brown Cordovan.
What's the deal with JR soles and is it worth the extra even if we can do it. Are they softer nicer riding? I have zero experience with them. I believe it's an upcharge but the whole group might have to do it so it's totally not worth it to screw up Caligula77 fine work here. Again thanks brother..

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the current sheet updated? Dumb question but rather not hassle C&J as I was told Mr. Jones approved this makeup himself regulating the Brown Cordovan.
What's the deal with JR soles and is it worth the extra even if we can do it. Are they softer nicer riding? I have zero experience with them. I believe it's an upcharge but the whole group might have to do it so it's totally not worth it to screw up Caligula77 fine work here. Again thanks brother..

Pretty sure the soles are all or nothing.
JR soles are supposed to be more hearty/long lasting. I have GMTO Marlowe in brown (regular double leather) and whiskey (double JR) and don’t notice a real difference to be honest.

Plus I have so many shoes and boots that a resole is more of a theoretical need at this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads