• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I never realised it would cause so many issues. I wonder if any seconds from this batch end up in the factory shop... hmm... :)
I don’t think you would want seconds of these.

68Bullitt

Reaction score
It's strange that there were this many issues on this run because everything went smoothly asfaik with our original run

mirinjobra

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Skye 3 boot is too flashy for normal wear? I have a pair of the AE Daltons in bourbon and while they're fine, they are getting old.

I have been replacing my shoes with higher end brands and really like the Skye 3, but have a feeling the chestnut color is more of a red. Would I be better off getting a pair of tan Skye 3's from ben silver?

The daltons do not stick out much with a pair of jeans - I usually cover most of the boot with jeans. Just seems like the chestnut is too bright.

momone

Reaction score
got mine
a bit disappointed, mostly because of this :(
894255283668adc289ee1cc42db1a3466dec5b69.jpg

MSAINT

Reaction score
fffffffffuuuuuuuu-.gif
This really sucks and it's damn unfair since you where the one bravely carrying this MTO!
el%20awrence.gif

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine

I concur with MSAINT, that is unfortunate. I'm sure just as most GMTO organizers do, you worked hard to make that GMTO happen. Considering the issues they had, I suppose you have been offered no recourse eh?

Most likely the only ones that will notice are shoe freaks like those of us here at SF.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Skye 3 boot is too flashy for normal wear? I have a pair of the AE Daltons in bourbon and while they're fine, they are getting old.

I have been replacing my shoes with higher end brands and really like the Skye 3, but have a feeling the chestnut color is more of a red. Would I be better off getting a pair of tan Skye 3's from ben silver?

The daltons do not stick out much with a pair of jeans - I usually cover most of the boot with jeans. Just seems like the chestnut is too bright.
I have a pair of chestnut Skye 3 and they are NOT red at all. I had similar concerns looking at the Snowdon’s on the C&J website. I worried I would end up with red looking boots. Believe me, the Skye 3 are NOT red. They are a GORGEOUS chestnut colour. I can upload a picture (attached) but even this doesn’t do them justice. At the end of the day, they look great. I can’t think of a brogue boot that looks as good - with the Lindrick in whisky shell being a possible exception, but I have never owned one to compare. :)

Crockett-Skye-IMG_1478.JPG

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine
Wow. That doesn’t look good at all. Commiserations. It is shocking that an outfit such as C&J could send such a botch up out like this. These should have gone straight to the factory shop so that DXBMark (being a 9.5) could pick them up for £150. I would send them right back immediately!
*Edit: I just checked out my Hoggs of Fife Rannoch boots and they are WAY more symmetrical than this (and cost several hundred pounds less). I’m Shocked. :-/

DXBMark

Reaction score
You can just post those babies all day long - gorgeous country boot.

I have a pair of chestnut Skye 3 and they are NOT red at all. I had similar concerns looking at the Snowdon’s on the C&J website. I worried I would end up with red looking boots. Believe me, the Skye 3 are NOT red. They are a GORGEOUS chestnut colour. I can upload a picture (attached) but even this doesn’t do them justice. At the end of the day, they look great. I can’t think of a brogue boot that looks as good - with the Lindrick in whisky shell being a possible exception, but I have never owned one to compare. :)

View attachment 875432

MSAINT

Reaction score
Very disappointed by how m0m0ne's problems where handled by C&J considering irregular shoes as normal with just cosmetic issues.
I love their boots but do not trust them any more with the quality control, I'm sorry but I'm opting out of both MTO I was on.

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very disappointed by how m0m0ne's problems where handled by C&J considering irregular shoes as normal with just cosmetic issues.
I love their boots but do not trust them any more with the quality control, I'm sorry but I'm opting out of both MTO I was on.
They told him they were fine and did nothing to rectify? Man that is unfortunate. I don't think I'll be dropping out of any C&J stuff but I'm not going to ask them to add faux stitch caps with that being the case.

momone

Reaction score
They told me it is'nt a defect so they do not offer a return for full refund
But they offer me a discount, which I don't want as I just want to return pair I estimate to be faulty (and I don't want to keep even cheaper, money is not the problem here)

I don't want to make a fuss here as I think I can find a solution with C&J. But yes i am disappointed.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads