• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score
I only just received my Brown Marlows so I'll hold off till there's more interest in a Whiskey Cardiff.

This is what I am thinking:

Cardiff Pattern
Whiskey Shell
325 Last
Blind eyelets
Single Leather J Rendenbach Sole
Flat Welt with wheeling
Antique Edge
Closed channel sole stitching (if possible)

willsgillen

Reaction score
I only just received my Brown Marlows so I'll hold off till there's more interest in a Whiskey Cardiff.

Cardiff Pattern
Whiskey Shell
325 Last
Blind eyelets
Flat Welt with wheeling
Antique Edge

This all the way. OK with substituting dark brown and keeping the rest of the details.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cardiff Pattern
Whiskey Shell
325 Last
Blind eyelets
Flat Welt with wheeling
Antique Edge

I like all this except prefer a double sole.

Kynes

Reaction score
I love apron shoes ,if there's another GMTO of the Galway in cordovan GMTO in a few months please shoot me an pm!

momone

Reaction score
Hey gents any new update for snowdon 2 zugg boot?

Got News from pernilla today
New delay, taking us after the summer factory closing, so mid/late august
I don't really care for not being able to wear the boots in july, but I asked for an explanation better than "because delay" anyway

I'll post when I get additional info

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really care for not being able to wear the boots in july, but I asked for an explanation better than "because delay" anyway

Thank man for the feed back, please keep us updated !!

Mutombo

Reaction score

Was just wondering about this today. Thanks for the update.

MSAINT

Reaction score

Thanks for the update m0m0ne-san!
ccrider.gif

Falu_al

Reaction score
[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

I WAS JUST CONTACTED BY ANOTHER PERSON WANTING TO JOIN THIS GMTO. SO, IF EVERYONE WHO IS STILL ON THE LIST IS STILL IN THEN WE JUST NEED ONE (1) MORE. IT'S A GREAT DEAL. JUMP IN. This is a C&J MTO for a makeup virtually identical to the RL Marlow PTB. The specs are: Specs:
  • Grasmere (325 last)
  • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
  • Option of double leather or Dainite soles
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
At the present time we have 9 signed up for each of the two sole options. Just a few more and we can order.

Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions!
[/QUOTE]

Ok I'm back from a SF hiatus - signed up for the leather sole option as well. Do you know if one can chose the JR leather option, or if it needs to be the same for the GMTO?

MSAINT

Reaction score
More explanations from Mrs Pernilla Searle.
ccrider.gif

Over the last few weeks I have corresponding with @momone who organised the Snowdon order which you are part of regarding the delay, they were originally due late June/early July, a few weeks ago I was advised delivery will be late July.

Unfortunately I have this week received some further news which is explained below:

The delay is due to these boots being very difficult to make as they are Veldtschoen construction and is lasted inside out. The Burgundy Zug Grain being a very thick and tough leather makes this procedure even more difficult.

The first delay was due to the pattern not pulling over the last correctly, as the skins are very rigid and have very little give in them. This meant that they had to be re-cut as there wasn’t enough margin to attach the uppers correctly to the ribbing, without the risk of it coming away, so hence a new batch of leather had to be ordered and all the uppers re-cut with bigger margins.

The next delay is due to the bellow tongues not sitting right on the boots and the factory made the decision they were not happy with how they turned out. We did not want to simply send out a batch of boots, which may have been ill fitting or not the correct aesthetics.

They are at present working on these technical issues with the tongues and are looking at adjusting the patterns and depending on the outcome of this the boots may have to be remade again.

With this in mind we would probably be looking at October delivery.

Unfortunately these issues cannot be foreseen even though we have made a batch of these boots before as each batch of leather varies.

I hope this explains why they are taking so long to make.

zest.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads