• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I added myself to the list for Brown Marlow Wingtips and it looks like we still need 2 more confirmations to close out the MTO.

Anyone know if we can add flush metal toe tips from the factory?
Can it be done on an individual basis or does the whole MTO have to agree for it to be applied?
I am hoping it can be done individually since they add the metal toe tips at the end of production.

I believe in the past it's been one by one basis, with an individual up charge.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear the Cardigan 4 in size UK 9E. They fit well with the addition of a tongue pad. What size should I take in the 325?

I don't personally have experience with the 335 but I believe people take the same as their 325.

ltjaw

Reaction score
I have read mixed things, some saying to take the same size, others saying to go up a half size for the 325. I have sent an inquiry to the mail order dept. at C&J (I have previously ordered from Ms. Searle). I am considering joining the whisky Cheviot GMTO.

ltjaw

Reaction score

"Fitting advice from retail… Last 325 will fit true to size along with 314, 335 and 341." From the horse's mouth.

Ms. Searle put me in a 9E UK on the 335 (the right choice) knowing my US size is a 10.5C or D. This leaves me uncertain of the fitting advice on their website. Perhaps I should interpret it as saying to keep the same size between the 325 and 335 lasts?

Skelnik

Reaction score

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Dark Brown
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
Edges: Antique
Welt: Storm
Sole: JR Double Leather

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Price:
If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: ONLY NEED 1 MORE! We currently have 11 committed so far plus 1 backup. We have a great chance of getting these before the price increase!

• Email Addresses: Please PM me with your email address if you have not done so already so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

• Metal tips: Metal toe tips can be added on an individual basis. If anyone is interested just let Lauren know before you pay and she will adjust the price for you. Please note that this will increase the delivery date by an additional 2 weeks for anyone who adds this to their order.

Thank you to everyone involved. We just need 1 more to get this closed out.

Skelnik

Reaction score
I added myself to the list for Brown Marlow Wingtips and it looks like we still need 2 more confirmations to close out the MTO.

Anyone know if we can add flush metal toe tips from the factory?
Can it be done on an individual basis or does the whole MTO have to agree for it to be applied?
I am hoping it can be done individually since they add the metal toe tips at the end of production.

Yes, I confirmed with Lauren that this can be done on an individual basis.

Skelnik

Reaction score

GMTO Specs:
Color: Dark Brown
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
Edges: Antique

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Metal toe tips can be added on an individual basis. If anyone is interested just let Lauren know before you pay and she will adjust the price for you. Please note that this will increase the delivery date by an additional 2 weeks for anyone who adds this to their order.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Please PM me with your email address if you have not done so already so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

Price:
If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: We've reached 12! We currently have all 12 committed so far plus 1 backup. I will be submitting everyone's email address to Lauren to get this order started. I have the email address of most of the participants but am still waiting on a few. I have sent PMs directly to those members so hopefully we can get that completed by the end of the day.

• Backups: If you are still interested in this GMTO but not included in the initial 12 please add your name to the backup section as there is still a chance someone will drop off. Also, if there are enough backups a second run of this GMTO can be pursued.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

GMTO Specs:
Color: Whisky
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
Edges: Natural

Price with double JR soles:
Price (Including VAT) - £665
Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

• Currently sitting at 10 signed up and 1 lurker/backup. Assuming everyone interested would like to sneak this in before the prices go up please PM me your contact information so that as soon as we have 12 I can get it over to Lauren. Unless JR double soles are a deal breaker we will go with that vs regular double soles. Based on the signups it will be blind eyelets. 2 more lets do it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads