• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How often does this actually happen? I'm hundreds of wears in on 2 speed hook boots without incident.

Even if I do rip a hem at some point...it will have been worth it for the cumulative time saved

aren't those few seconds of lacing up worth it to just to get one more look at your boots? don't tell me you don't look down at your boots at least 10 times a day. the hem protection is just an added benefit.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often does this actually happen? I'm hundreds of wears in on 2 speed hook boots without incident.

Even if I do rip a hem at some point...it will have been worth it for the cumulative time saved
Same here, I have 3 boots with speed hooks ( though all Alden) and never had any issues

ennui

Reaction score

I'm double-checking with Pernilla that the Lindrick GMTO is in UK E width and will reply on this thread when I hear back.

In unrelated news, I kind of wish I specified speed hooks and pull tabs for this GMTO, now that I have my whiskey Harlechs with the same. They really are more convenient. Oh well, I'll survive.

I confirmed with Pernilla that the whiskey Lindrick order is UK E width.

And we're not changing any of the parameters of the order, don't worry. No speedhooks or pull tabs as agreed upon earlier.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

exactly
thanks
@mbaltazar
 : we are 12 for the moment but some are playing dead. I can put you first on the waiting list if you whish. Just tell me

We were 12 two weeks ago, then 8, then 12 (+1?) but nobody seems to care when I ask for firm confirmation of your participation in this GMTO

SO, I will
  • ask you one last time in the thread to confirm you're definitively in considering the makeup (exactly as batch#1) and the price (575£ less VAT £479.17 + Shipping) : tell here, in file, PM me, whatever but at least tell me
  • give two weeks to people who want to check for their sizes in shops (@lecoprin
     , @ph75
     )
  • send everybody in this list a PM to wake them up

If I don't have all confirmations within 2 weeks I start cleaning the list of first 12 below. 4 confirmed
@momone
[COLOR=008000] - confirmed[/COLOR]
@MSAINT
@nishant
[COLOR=B22222] - to be confirmed[/COLOR]
@Booter
@HerrMunich
[COLOR=008000]@BudhaNL
[/COLOR][COLOR=B22222] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=B22222]- to be confirmed[/COLOR]
@kczsilence
[COLOR=B22222] - to be confirmed (but considering your activity here I assume I can consider you confirmed ?)[/COLOR]
@ph75
@Fala
@zinc2162
@loanshark
@lecoprin

Come on guys, let's finish this fast and clean 

Thanks @momone,
I'm interested, very interested. So if someone is playing dead, I can take place let me know. I like the make up you guys have. It's just a question of size to confirm.

Let me know how it develops.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*** Whiskey Galway 2 ***

Hello everyone! I have submitted the list of emails to Pernilla and you should all be hearing from her throughout next week (maybe even tomorrow and saturday). First she will be reaching out to confirm sizing and then collecting payment info.

Its finally happening and I hope everyone is as excited as I am for this boot. I am expecting a May/June delivery but that is just an estimate. Thanks again to everyone for sticking this out and seeing it through with me. I look forward to sending out an update once the factory confirms the order and provides an updated delivery time
smile.gif

Thanks to,

@Doubleskyline
@wooksb
@nishant
@cxzizou
@likethisnothat
@Caligula77
@Resistant
@bugula
@mraza
@BigPars
@jtrang89

-Kevin

Last edited:

sirsigsalot

Reaction score
I went through 30 pages...but without going through 70 more, can anyone give an update on the brown cordovan Gianni/Galway boots? I see there are 10/12 spots on the google doc but wanted to know what the overall status was.

Thanks in advance

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went through 30 pages...but without going through 70 more, can anyone give an update on the brown cordovan Gianni/Galway boots? I see there are 10/12 spots on the google doc but wanted to know what the overall status was.

Thanks in advance

Hi there! I was organizing that order back in the summer but we had a bunch of people drop out. I probably should have notated that page lol We just finished the whiskey Galway 2 order which was sort of a piggy back from the brown one. Throw out the idea and see if you can gain some interest!

sirsigsalot

Reaction score

Hi there! I was organizing that order back in the summer but we had a bunch of people drop out. I probably should have notated that page lol We just finished the whiskey Galway 2 order which was sort of a piggy back from the brown one. Throw out the idea and see if you can gain some interest! 

Well then..I'll leave this right here...

Who's in for a Revival Initiative!?!

@mosy
@doubleskyline
@randomkoreandude
@likethisnothat
@Jdoc4
@Girardian
@BigPars

You all were on the google doc...still interested? I know some of you just jumped on the Whiskey GMTO, but trying to see if I'm completely just spinning my own hopes up

Last edited:
Reaction score
@sirsigsalot maybe. I just jumped in on the Whiskey GMTO. I'm not sure I'm crazy enough to buy 2. Not sure I'm sane enough to not.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member