• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

likenoother

Reaction score
nice, are these whiskey Pembrokes MTO? just saw them in store some weeks ago and if they would offering them without stormwelt...

TommyB

Reaction score
Here's my C&J sizing experience, which might just add confusion...

Last year's Whiskey Harlechs GMTO was my first foray into C&J. Since I didn't have any C&Js before, Lauren based her advice on my Alden sizes, where I'm 9D on Barrie, 9.5D on Plaza and Aberdeen (TTS), 9.5D or E on Leydon.

Based on this information she recommended UK8.5E (standard width) on the Harlechs (last 341), and that was the right size for me, so it worked out fine.

I guess MTOs are always a bit of a gamble. At the same time one would expect C&J to know how the US size for a pair of shoes correspond to the same model's UK size, if they're built on the same last.

Last edited:

devastitis

Reaction score

Here's my C&J sizing experience, which might just add confusion...

Last year's Whiskey Harlechs GMTO was my first foray into C&J. Since I didn't have any C&Js before, Lauren based her advice on my Alden sizes, where I'm 9D on Barrie, 9.5D on Plaza and Aberdeen (TTS), 9.5D or E on Leydon.

Based on this information she recommended UK8.5E (standard width) on the Harlechs (last 341), and that was the right size for me, so it worked out fine.

I guess MTOs are always a bit of a gamble. At the same time one would expect C&J to know how the US size for a pair of shoes correspond to the same model's UK size, if they're built on the same last.
those are my exact sizes as well! I think I will go with UK8.5E. Thanks!

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got home to see my warlows. The color is outstanding and the size rec by Lauren was spot on .5 down from barrie i.e. my standard cj size. Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Not to detract from the Warlow love, but the Navy Shell Camberleys are here:

Dang those are nice! Mine are on the truck for delivery!

-Mike

ryantaylor05

Reaction score

Finally got home to see my warlows. The color is outstanding and the size rec by Lauren was spot on .5 down from barrie i.e. my standard cj size. Hope this helps anyone on the fence.

Just fyi, I got in on the Whiskey Harlech due to be shipped in October. I'm a 9D barrie and 9.5D grant. For the Harlech, I ended up going with an 8E as the 8.5E had too much volume for me and the length seemed fine in the 8E so long as I wear a thinner sock. Luckily I was able to get sized in the NYC shop. Hope your size works out!

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my 8E Pembroke in the mail today. As feared, they are too long. Definitely higher volume than my 8.5 US CJ/BB shoes. Probably need a 7.5E. More worrisome, now I likely have two MTOs that will be too large for me . . .

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my 8E Pembroke in the mail today. As feared, they are too long. Definitely higher volume than my 8.5 US CJ/BB shoes. Probably need a 7.5E. More worrisome, now I likely have two MTOs that will be too large for me . . .

May I ask which BB model you have?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna email Lauren but what are he odds a size change can be made at this point for the MTO? Greater than 0%?

kczsilence

Reaction score

Just fyi, I got in on the Whiskey Harlech due to be shipped in October. I'm a 9D barrie and 9.5D grant. For the Harlech, I ended up going with an 8E as the 8.5E had too much volume for me and the length seemed fine in the 8E so long as I wear a thinner sock. Luckily I was able to get sized in the NYC shop. Hope your size works out!

You sized down 1.5? Hmm I'm a 9 brannock and got an 8 UK. Now I'm worried. But the 8 in Warlow was sized quite well.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Not to detract from the Warlow love, but the Navy Shell Camberleys are here:
Nice. Argh. Yesterday, mine were showing scheduled delivery today but when I tracked this morning, they had just left Stanstead. Tuesday for me. And still waiting on my Dundees and Warlows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads