• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
Info added. Thanks for organizing this!

No problem!

They have size 9UK in three colors of the "Brett" model on their web site right now; I was trying to decide if that would fit me (usually take 10.5D US).

I saw those too. You might take a chance on them but I think 9UK would be too short even though you'll be okay for volume.

Thanks for organizing this! Information added. I'm happy with whatever hardware configuration the majority wants, and am fine with storm welt (veldtschoen, anyone?).
I don't have much experience with C&J lasts; is the 341 slightly more almond-shaped/less rounded toe box?

Yes, the 341 has a more pointed toe-box. The Harlech is commonly made in the 341 last.

Quote:

Okay thanks! Can you please put that in the GoogleDoc?

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To clarify, I'd prefer no medallion and I'm fine with a cap toe or perforated cap toe.  Broguing on the sides is fine.  

This man gets it! No medallion is fine by me.

I saw those too. You might take a chance on them but I think 9UK would be too short even though you'll be okay for volume.

Good look; I might give them a try just for kicks. The price is really good. And I'm a 10D on my right foot, and the Vass P2 fits good in 43.

Last edited:

shunted22

Reaction score
Tell him this is being organised by a Tricker's fan from his own shell mountain. If Tricker's were doing shell boots right now I would be organising something with them as well...
What are you guys envisioning wearing this with? Is it a casual boot/pair with selvedge? I haven't dipped into any navy shell yet.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I have the C&J Bradfords and Cheviots - made on very different lasts. Both fit perfectly one full size down from my US brannock. So probably a 8.5EUK if you're a 9D on Barrie.

djbanor

Reaction score
Good look; I might give them a try just for kicks. The price is really good. And I'm a 10D on my right foot, and the Vass P2 fits good in 43.

Yeah, then it might just work! Lucky man
smile.gif

What are you guys envisioning wearing this with? Is it a casual boot/pair with selvedge? I haven't dipped into any navy shell yet.

Normally jeans and chinos, though on a snowy or wet day I could even wear these with dress pants.

What last and size would you recommend for someone who wears a 9D in Barrie, Alden for Jcrew shell PCTs, and it fits like a glove?

And I have no preference for medallion. Can go either way.

You should try to get sized, if possible. 8.5E UK sounds reasonable, though.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Here are a couple shots of the standard CJ welt stitch:
IMG_2772_zpsgrs3livg.jpg
IMG_0493_zpsjkgjtzwz.jpg
This looks great. But a little boring for me TBH.
Perhaps it is because I have so many shoes and boots in whiskey shell cordovan that I am constantly looking for something fresh and different from the norm...
I hate it when people say "first world problems" but damn, that really is the definition of a first world problem. (Note, I've felt the same way.)

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here I am anxiously awaiting the Lindrick GMTO (which won't arrive until around Christmas or later) and I'm already thinking to myself "well, at least if they feel too narrow, I can always try to sell them and turn that money around to buy a pair of dark brown shell Skyes."

Edit: literally 30 seconds before I made my post, the above beautiful photos were posted!

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheviots in Whiskey.. nothing special, double leather soles. Easy for C&J who seems to get a good supply of Whiskey

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate it when people say "first world problems" but damn, that really is the definition of a first world problem.

(Note, I've felt the same way.)

Dude, I totally did not mean to sound snooty or snobbish. All I was trying to communicate was the fact that I have too many shoes/boots in the same color spectrum thats all.

The Warlow's are very different from anything else I own at this time.

And I am NOT a baller by any stretch. Honestly, I am in Grad School right now. My vocation is a very humble one.

Nevertheless, collecting shell cordovan shoes and boots is my hobby and pastime.

Thanks.

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I think the best way to settle this is a shell duel. First one to take off his shell boot and strike the other person from a 10 pace distance wins. No make-ups with hooks though - that would be like sliding into second with spikes up.

Cheviots in Whiskey.. nothing special, double leather soles. Easy for C&J who seems to get a good supply of Whiskey

I have a pair of these because I got tired waiting for a phone call from an Alden store. Definitely a solid decision.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads