• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djbanor

Reaction score
Navy Dundee update:

@wklq76a
@randomkoreandude
@devastitis
@ScarsdaleVibe
@KPDarb
@ryantaylor05
@naspratt

Just received a reply from Lauren. Here are our options:

Shell colors: Navy / Burgundy / Black / Brown / Whisky(!) -- no green available
Welt: Storm / 360 (what exactly is the difference?)
Sole: Leather / Dainite / Ridgeway / Vibram / City (does anyone have a pic of the C&J Vibram sole?)

No word on edging, price, and whether the hardware can offer contrast (golden brass on navy shell, for instance). Lauren will not find out about pricing till Tuesday.

Shipping will be 10 GBP for UK, 30 GBP for EU / USA (not sure if this includes Canada), 50 GBP for RotW. Shoe trees are 60 GBP, 50 GBP without VAT. So that's all standard.

While we wait to hear about the price, can we hammer out the details on the final makeup? I will also post on /r/goodyearwelt later tonight to see if there's any interest. Thanks for your patience!

devastitis

Reaction score

Navy Dundee update:

@wklq76a
@randomkoreandude
@devastitis
@ScarsdaleVibe
@KPDarb
@ryantaylor05
@naspratt

Sole: Leather / Dainite / Ridgeway / Vibram / City (does anyone have a pic of the C&J Vibram sole?)

No word on edging, price, and whether the hardware can offer contrast (golden brass on navy shell, for instance). Lauren will not find out about pricing till Tuesday.

Shipping will be 10 GBP for UK, 30 GBP for EU / USA (not sure if this includes Canada), 50 GBP for RotW. Shoe trees are 60 GBP, 50 GBP without VAT. So that's all standard.

While we wait to hear about the price, can we hammer out the details on the final makeup? I will also post on /r/goodyearwelt later tonight to see if there's any interest. Thanks for your patience!
is ridgeway the same as Carmina's Victoria soles?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine will be here on Monday as well.
nod[1].gif

With some time for summer wear @bespoken pa

smile.gif

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy Dundee update:

@wklq76a
@randomkoreandude
@devastitis
@ScarsdaleVibe
@KPDarb
@ryantaylor05
@naspratt

In if burgundy or navy with a darker edge. Not a fan of of shiny hardware, and would probably bow out if that's what the majority wants. Wouldn't be the worst thing, since I have too many boots!

ScarsdaleVibe

Reaction score
I'd prefer Navy, given how nice the darker brown worked. Basically my preference is for the prior Dundee makeup with brass hardware and navy shell. I'd probably jump in on a whiskey run though.

djbanor

Reaction score
In if burgundy or navy with a darker edge. Not a fan of of shiny hardware, and would probably bow out if that's what the majority wants. Wouldn't be the worst thing, since I have too many boots!

Okay, good to know. What are your feelings about whisky?

I'd prefer Navy, given how nice the darker brown worked. Basically my preference is for the prior Dundee makeup with brass hardware and navy shell. I'd probably jump in on a whiskey run though.

Cool, I've made a note. Thanks!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is ridgeway the same as Carmina's Victoria soles?

No. Ridgeway is a better sole IMO. Much better in snow. I agree with those who have commented that the Victoria soles can get filled up with snow and become slippery. Not good. I have a pair of Carminas with Victoria sole and I will wear them in the rain and maybe light snow, but no heavy snow. I have a pair of EG with Ridgeway and those are much better in the snow.

devastitis

Reaction score
Okay, noted. I would personally prefer whisky but navy is a close second.
They are similar. I've seen the Ridgeway being used by St. Crispin's and EG.
I'm in for navy. If you guys decide to go with whiskey, put me on the wait list, as I'm not completely sold on whiskey shell. I'm also good with any of the hardware choices, whatever majority votes on. But it would have to be 4+4, and a rubber sole.

kczsilence

Reaction score
Awesome for you but no word on mine yet.
frown.gif
Sorry to hear that. Lauren did mention that not all the Warlows were in yet when she emailed me this morning. Yours may be coming in over the weekend. Estimated delivery date seems to show 1 day so you'll receive yours soon! I'll post some pics as soon as I'm able to but I'm sure someone else will do so before me.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@djbanor , I'd really like Dundee on 341 last and in brown cordovan. I'll be fine with any other specs regarding sole, eyelets etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads