• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks, in this color double leather would appeal to me much better. Eyelets would look cool. Marlow in Whiskey, simple clean look in a 3 season color. I assume storm welt as in the Marlow.

Falu_al

Reaction score

Small update on the GMTO C&J Whiskey Cordovan Marlow PTB - as of Monday we had received 9/12 people's payment information, so we're still on hold. I am not certain who has not paid, but they have now been warned twice. If anyone would like to jump on the order as a backup, we may have up to 3 available spots. Shoot me a message to learn more.
@ErikW is in charge, but feel free to PM him or simply add yourselves to this google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...59z6rk5SvZhk/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1939381601 or contact Lauren with PMT information - ([email protected]). She is OOO until next Monday, but will confirm with you upon her return.

tkebh979

Reaction score
As it happens, the Whisky Marlow 2.0 is in a similar situation, but at 7/12.

I've asked Lauren earlier this week for a list of those not financially committed, hope to hear back once she's back from holidays.

I've also asked if further delays risk the mid-December delivery, given we expected a mid-August kickoff. Will let you know as I know more.

Those that haven't confirmed sizing and payment with Lauren, please contact her at [email protected], cc'ing me. Will wait until the end of next week before moving people up from the waitlist.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI I got all my payment info to Lauren a few days ago (I was one of the remaining stragglers) so we're at least one step closer!

Hi all. As of early this week we were at 9 or 10 of 12. I've been in touch with everyone and I believe all members are financially committed. Im waiting on a list from Lauren of those who haven't paid so I can pm them. It seems she may be out until Monday. I'm hoping by then she'll have received the remaining payments.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As it happens, the Whisky Marlow 2.0 is in a similar situation, but at 7/12.  

I've asked Lauren earlier this week for a list of those not financially committed, hope to hear back once she's back from holidays.

I've also asked if further delays risk the mid-December delivery, given we expected a mid-August kickoff.  Will let you know as I know more.

Those that haven't confirmed sizing and payment with Lauren, please contact her at [email protected], cc'ing me.  Will wait until the end of next week before moving people up from the waitlist.

Thanks for keeping up with this. Let's get this made, guys! :slayer:

ErikW

Reaction score
^ Thanks, in this color double leather would appeal to me much better. Eyelets would look cool. Marlow in Whiskey, simple clean look in a 3 season color. I assume storm welt as in the Marlow.
Yessir, storm welt on this one. Danite sole was decided via majority vote. Looking at the shoe I linked to, I think it works nicely. Will absolutely be a very versatile shoe and for $690 shipped to the US, quite the steal in my opinion.

djohns7275

Reaction score
Some time ago i posted about getting a group order for a Crockett & Jones whiskey cordovan belt . Fifteen people on here said '' I am in , count me in , put me down for one of those'' . Or words to that effect. I then contacted Lauren at Crockett & Jones to see if they would take the order . Lauren declined and said they were not willing to take the order. Since then i found out who Crockett use to make their belts . I then contacted the manufacturer and they said they would make the belts to the same specs from the same Horween whiskey shell .Everything would be the same except they wouldn't say Crockett & Jones on the belts . They then put me in contact with a London retailer who the order would go through. Great I thought .So i posted on here giving a very long explanation of who was making the belt and that it was basically the same as if we were ordering from Crockett & Jones. I then contacted all fifteen people who said '' I am in , count me in , put me down for that .''

I thought i would share with you my experience in-case your thinking of trying to organize a group order . My advice would be to you DON'T BOTHER !!!! What a bloody nightmare .
Here go SHUNTED22 , RYANTAYLOR05 ,GIRARDIAN all said they were still in THAT'S GREAT !.
MRDUBS has since bought a whiskey cordovan belt from somewhere else . That's fine that's fair enough
I have three people thinking it over , that's fine that's fair enough. I wont name them

Now for the things that i don't think are fine and fair enough .Five of these people ''and i wont name them to save their embarrassment '' have pulled out based on the price . Now lets say there is a group order for the skye 2 boots or the cardigan 4 shoes in whiskey cordovan in fact lets say there is an order for any Crockett & Jones model in whiskey cordovan that they make a regular stock model in dark brown , black or burgundy cordovan . What price would you imagine the whiskey MTO to be ? 50% cheaper , 25% cheaper what about 10% cheaper in whiskey cordovan than the existing stock model in brown , black or burgundy . I know what your thinking . Your thinking this guys lost the plot , because never in the history of a Crockett & Jones whiskey MTO'S has the price been cheaper for the whiskey MTO than the same regular stock models in black , brown or burgundy cordovan . In fact with nearly all shoe company's charge more for whiskey cordovan then they do for other colours .

Ok so if a Crockett & Jones dark brown cordovan belt is £200 now and it was £200 when the original post was posted and all these people said '' i am in . count me in , put me down for one of those '' What price would you think they thought a whiskey cordovan belt would be ? £50 ?maybe £100 ? maybe £7508 . No I am guessing you would think they would have thought the price would be the same £200 that the dark browN cordovan belt is . Or maybe slightly more say £220 , because there is usually a premium for whiskey .
When i initially called Lauren i was expecting the price to be between £200 to £220 . I didn't need to go to a detective school to be trained in the fine art of deduction to work that out . I didn't need to don a dear stalker and start smoking a long thin pipe and turn into Sherlock Holmes to work it out . I didn't need to go and work for Nasa for five years training as a rocket scientist to work it out .Why? because it's not bloody rocket science is it . If a dark brown cordovan belt is £200 . Then anyone with a modicum of common sense could work it . So how on earth these people can now say it to expensive I have no idea . What price did they think it was going to be ? £27.50.

Finally onto my last three members who I am not happy with , and to save their embarrassment i wont name them . These three big time charlies all said '''I AM IN '' Well all three were contacted not once but twice by myself via a private message and all three couldn't be arsed to respond to either message . I know they would have seen the messages i sent them because i checked the times that that they were online and they've been online several times since my messages were sent .Their also long time members who have made loads of posts so it's not like it will be an oversight on their part . I will still be going ahead with my group order because i didn't need a minimum number of orders for it to go through. The retailer said to me he wanted £260 for a single belt . I said if i get a few orders will you do them for £200 to which he agreed . I asked him if i needed a minimum amount of orders . He just said ''see what you can do '' So I'll be getting my belt regardless and i will gladly help those other people who said they wanted to participate , and the three people who are thinking about . Well if they decide I' ll gladly help them as well . As for the idiots who thought it was to expensive , and the wankers who couldn't be arsed to respond to the messages i sent them . DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR . DON'T WASTE PEOPLES TIME

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some time ago i posted about getting a group order for a Crockett & Jones whiskey cordovan belt . Fifteen people on here said '' I am in , count me in , put me down for one of those'' . Or words to that effect. I then contacted Lauren at Crockett & Jones to see if they would take the order . Lauren declined and said they were not willing to take the order. Since then i found out who Crockett use to make their belts . I then contacted the manufacturer and they said they would make the belts to the same specs from the same Horween whiskey shell .Everything would be the same except they wouldn't say Crockett & Jones on the belts . They then put me in contact with a London retailer who the order would go through. Great I thought .So i posted on here giving a very long explanation of who was making the belt and that it was basically the same as if we were ordering from Crockett & Jones. I then contacted all fifteen people who said '' I am in , count me in , put me down for that .''

I thought i would share with you my experience in-case your thinking of trying to organize a group order . My advice would be to you DON'T BOTHER !!!! What a bloody nightmare .
Here go SHUNTED22 , RYANTAYLOR05 ,GIRARDIAN all said they were still in THAT'S GREAT !.
MRDUBS has since bought a whiskey cordovan belt from somewhere else . That's fine that's fair enough
I have three people thinking it over , that's fine that's fair enough. I wont name them

Now for the things that i don't think are fine and fair enough .Five of these people ''and i wont name them to save their embarrassment '' have pulled out based on the price . Now lets say there is a group order for the skye 2 boots or the cardigan 4 shoes in whiskey cordovan in fact lets say there is an order for any Crockett & Jones model in whiskey cordovan that they make a regular stock model in dark brown , black or burgundy cordovan . What price would you imagine the whiskey MTO to be ? 50% cheaper , 25% cheaper what about 10% cheaper in whiskey cordovan than the existing stock model in brown , black or burgundy . I know what your thinking . Your thinking this guys lost the plot , because never in the history of a Crockett & Jones whiskey MTO'S has the price been cheaper for the whiskey MTO than the same regular stock models in black , brown or burgundy cordovan . In fact with nearly all shoe company's charge more for whiskey cordovan then they do for other colours .

Ok so if a Crockett & Jones dark brown cordovan belt is £200 now and it was £200 when the original post was posted and all these people said '' i am in . count me in , put me down for one of those '' What price would you think they thought a whiskey cordovan belt would be ? £50 ?maybe £100 ? maybe £7508 . No I am guessing you would think they would have thought the price would be the same £200 that the dark browN cordovan belt is . Or maybe slightly more say £220 , because there is usually a premium for whiskey .
When i initially called Lauren i was expecting the price to be between £200 to £220 . I didn't need to go to a detective school to be trained in the fine art of deduction to work that out . I didn't need to don a dear stalker and start smoking a long thin pipe and turn into Sherlock Holmes to work it out . I didn't need to go and work for Nasa for five years training as a rocket scientist to work it out .Why? because it's not bloody rocket science is it . If a dark brown cordovan belt is £200 . Then anyone with a modicum of common sense could work it . So how on earth these people can now say it to expensive I have no idea . What price did they think it was going to be ? £27.50.

Finally onto my last three members who I am not happy with , and to save their embarrassment i wont name them . These three big time charlies all said '''I AM IN '' Well all three were contacted not once but twice by myself via a private message and all three couldn't be arsed to respond to either message . I know they would have seen the messages i sent them because i checked the times that that they were online and they've been online several times since my messages were sent .Their also long time members who have made loads of posts so it's not like it will be an oversight on their part . I will still be going ahead with my group order because i didn't need a minimum number of orders for it to go through. The retailer said to me he wanted £260 for a single belt . I said if i get a few orders will you do them for £200 to which he agreed . I asked him if i needed a minimum amount of orders . He just said ''see what you can do '' So I'll be getting my belt regardless and i will gladly help those other people who said they wanted to participate , and the three people who are thinking about . Well if they decide I' ll gladly help them as well . As for the idiots who thought it was to expensive , and the wankers who couldn't be arsed to respond to the messages i sent them . DO THE WORLD A FAVOUR . DON'T WASTE PEOPLES TIME

My Friend,

I feel your pain. However, you must understand that the lads here in the States can get Horween Cordovan Belts significantly cheaper than what the GMTO can get from England.

Here: http://www.guardedgoods.com/collections/belts/products/shell-cordovan-belts

This is not saying the QUALITY of the English made belts are not as good or anything like that. In fact, the English made belts are probably a bit better. But, are they a 100 US quid better?

The chaps here must decide.

For me, I am going back to Grad School this semester and all my; "Duckets are in the Buckets" if you will.

Now, for the general grief and mental anguish of organizing a GMTO. This is a phenomenon that you will have to patiently endure if you desire to see your project get off the ground. When you have 15 blokes from around the world, having to agree on the same specifications and pay money...you will have a certain level of discontinuity.

Thanks for your hard work in this matter.

shunted22

Reaction score

A+ post. As for me I'm still in so please let me know. I've been trying to find a whiskey belt forever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads