• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

schmallo15

Reaction score
My apologies for the delay in updating everyone on the Whiskey Shell Harlech GMTO.

I heard back from Lauren at C&J. They can do an order for 12 whiskey boots in a couple months. They can also do another run of 12 after the first one if we have 24 orders. This second run would simply be delivered later, but I think it could be submitted at the same time as the first order. Lauren suggested getting everyone's information (sizing, address, payment, etc.) together now, so that everything is squared away by the time the order can be placed.

Unfortunately I'm looking for someone to take over the duties of organizing this GMTO going forward, as I think I'm going to pass on this boot (I simply have funds going to other things and will surely regret it). I hope that everyone understands.

If you're willing to take over, just send me a PM with your email address saying so and I'll (1) reply with Lauren's email address, (2) let Lauren know she should be hearing from you, and (3) reply here stating the new official organizer for this GMTO. I think the main task is to get a list of 12 from the below list, starting at the top of the list (madridista was the first to express interest, and so on).

1. @madridista
  2. @Baldrick
  3. @NewYawker
  4. @sleepyinsanfran
  5. @zr0e
  6. @Fred G. Unn
  7. @chipshot
  8. @skeen7908
  9. @schmallo15
  10. @TommyB
  11. @PipersSon
  12. @doorsncolours
  13. @Kirill Skok
  14. @nachomann
  15. @kathmandont
  16. @jkater1
  17. @KPAO182
  18. @Candella
  19. @elsalvatrucha
  20. @Faster
  21. @tanbar
  22. @Skyfell
  23. @velgador0
  24. @omicron1792
  25. @Laika7
  26. @Cjwylie
  27. @stevefok
  28. @S K M
  29. @dkotek

Thanks, PD. I'll be passing as well since I made it onto the Whiskey Skye order (of course, I'll probably regret it once I see the pics start rolling in...)

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whiskey Cavendish? What do you think? Killer loafer in my mind. Would love to see this makeup!

http://www.frame.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=28104

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Papa , Pls add me for this GMTO as I am also very interested for Harlech's in Whisky Shell.

My apologies for the delay in updating everyone on the Whiskey Shell Harlech GMTO.

I heard back from Lauren at C&J. They can do an order for 12 whiskey boots in a couple months. They can also do another run of 12 after the first one if we have 24 orders. This second run would simply be delivered later, but I think it could be submitted at the same time as the first order. Lauren suggested getting everyone's information (sizing, address, payment, etc.) together now, so that everything is squared away by the time the order can be placed.

Unfortunately I'm looking for someone to take over the duties of organizing this GMTO going forward, as I think I'm going to pass on this boot (I simply have funds going to other things and will surely regret it). I hope that everyone understands.

If you're willing to take over, just send me a PM with your email address saying so and I'll (1) reply with Lauren's email address, (2) let Lauren know she should be hearing from you, and (3) reply here stating the new official organizer for this GMTO. I think the main task is to get a list of 12 from the below list, starting at the top of the list (madridista was the first to express interest, and so on).

1. @madridista
  2. @Baldrick
  3. @NewYawker
  4. @Papa Doble OUT
  5. @sleepyinsanfran
  6. @zr0e
  7. @Fred G. Unn OUT
  8. @chipshot
  9. @skeen7908
  10. @schmallo15 OUT
  11. @TommyB
  12. @PipersSon
  13. @doorsncolours
  14. @Kirill Skok
  15. @nachomann
  16. @kathmandont
  17. @jkater1
  18. @KPAO182
  19. @Candella
  20. @elsalvatrucha
  21. @Faster
  22. @tanbar
  23. @Skyfell
  24. @velgador0
  25. @omicron1792
  26. @Laika7
  27. @Cjwylie
  28. @stevefok
  29. @S K M
  30. @dkotek

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hi @laufer
, is the option to order still there for Skye in Whiskey Shell? how long the wait is? 

I do not think there is the Skye order closed a few months ago. I was just surprised to see so many people interested in Harlech.

Are you interested in Skye?

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not think there is the Skye order closed a few months ago. I was just surprised to see so many people interested in Harlech.

Are you interested in Skye?
ok got it. I am interested to order Whiskey shell in Harlech or Skye2 (1st preference) whichever gets off the ground first. I have both boots in dark brown shell and like them both.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Al right folks anybody interested in Whiskey Cordovan Skye2?

So far we have two

@laufer
@saurabh

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was a whiskey cordovan skye2 order that closed in March.

Yes I know but seeing how there are 30 people interested in Harlech, I figured out I opened Skye group to see if we can get 12 interested parties.

loxo

Reaction score
Yes I know but seeing how there are 30 people interested in Harlech, I figured out I opened Skye group to see if we can get 12 interested parties.
Just from gleaning what I've read on this thread, I think the difficulty you will find will be less about the style of the boot, but rather the quantity of whiskey shell available.

Assuming there are 30 - 40 people interested in a whiskey shell boot and with C&J only guaranteeing an order of 12 in the near-future, then another 12 in the distant future, the prospect of a 2nd GMTO for the same material would likely be quite a ways off. However, I'm just coming to this conjecture off what I've read on the thread. I imagine Lauren at C&J would know better what the timeline would look like.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why? Have you caontacted C&J to see if that's possible?

It's definitely possible. I got a quote from Lauren. Gianni in dark brown grain, any sole & edging combo, storm welt, eyelets & speedhooks would be £350 (around $536) if done as GMTO of 12+. I was thinking it would be awesome with a double Dainite, and black / dark grey eyelets & speedhooks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads