• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

MikkelM

Reaction score
Guys I normally wear a 11d Barrie last and 11e on AE. Would a 11d be good.
For what it is worth I wear a 11E on the 325 last and it is slightly roomy (works best with thick socks) while I am 10E on the Barrie last (and it is slightly tight (works only with thin socks)

So I reckon my perfect fit would be 10,5 E on both. And sounds like you would be good on 11D.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 10.5's work for me, however I have to tie them really tightly. Essentially to the point that the two sides are touching. It works fine, but if I could do over, I would have done 10...

This is what happened to me, but on the Lindrick, Barrie sizing is 7.5D and AE sizing ranges from 8E-8.5D. I ended up going for an 8D in the Lindrick and I have to tie them tight so the sides are touching even though the width in the toes is ok. I have tried a thin insole and then it gets tight on the top of my feet. It seems to just have way too much room in the ankles on me, not sure the last is a good fit for my foot. The cork bed has not even settled yet (only worn lightly around 10 times, indoors only) so I fear the fit is only going to get worse.

Might need to make a decision on if I should figure out a fit solution or sell them off. It's a tough call because I really do love them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^its 50/50 whether to go tts or take barrie size. its not an ideal fit but its been discussed ad nauseum already maybe 100 times. let us know how you sized and your experiences

Last edited:

AndrewN

Reaction score
It seems like the Lindricks are available in 8D on the RL website. I measure an 8.5 on the brannock and wear:

8.5 D Flex Welt Chukka (Leydon)
8 C LWB (Barrie)
8 Mora 2.0 (108)
8 Patriot (606)

Would the Lindrick boot in an 8D be a good fit? Also, are there any sales coming up aside from the spring Private Sale? I'd appreciate any feedback, thank you!

irishcafe

Reaction score

Haha you guys are killing me as soon as I decided to go with my Barrie size some one suggest other wise and sine in AE I need a E width and Barrie a D I might go up a half from my Barrie and do 11.5

I think the best is to get both pair and return one that don't fit you as good.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like the Lindricks are available in 8D on the RL website. I measure an 8.5 on the brannock and wear:

8.5 D Flex Welt Chukka (Leydon)
8 C LWB (Barrie)
8 Mora 2.0 (108)
8 Patriot (606)

Would the Lindrick boot in an 8D be a good fit? Also, are there any sales coming up aside from the spring Private Sale? I'd appreciate any feedback, thank you!

I would say half size down from Brannock is pretty accurate for sizing.

I measure roughly about an 8.25 and I think a 7.75D (if they made that) would be the perfect size on me. I went with an 8D and it works for now with a tongue pad, might need a very thin insole.

unaware

Reaction score

This is what happened to me, but on the Lindrick, Barrie sizing is 7.5D and AE sizing ranges from 8E-8.5D. I ended up going for an 8D in the Lindrick and I have to tie them tight so the sides are touching even though the width in the toes is ok. I have tried a thin insole and then it gets tight on the top of my feet. It seems to just have way too much room in the ankles on me, not sure the last is a good fit for my foot. The cork bed has not even settled yet (only worn lightly around 10 times, indoors only) so I fear the fit is only going to get worse.

Might need to make a decision on if I should figure out a fit solution or sell them off. It's a tough call because I really do love them.

I'm a little disappointed to read this as I am also AE 8E-8.5D. Was planning to order the lindrick in 8D, but sounds like it might not work. Don't see a 7.5D on their website. I guess I will have to make a trip to the Mansion to try them on in person.

To think I came into this thread to see if the Lindrick is still shell cordovan because the Web page doesn't mention it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads