• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

gentpax

Reaction score

This has made all my Marlows comfortable right out of the box. I take shoes with really stiff soles and give them a good "pre-flexing" before wearing regularly. Grab the toe in one hand and the heel in the other with the sole up and basically bend the shoe to a 90 degree angle a few times. Don't worry, you won't ruin the shoe even though it feels like you shouldn't bend it that much. For shoes that are too stiff to bend in your hands, stand the shoe vertically with the toe on a soft surface like carpet and press down on the heel/heel cup.

CAUTION! Did this with the Penny and the process creased the shell just outside the heel counter. Only bothered me slightly, but severely dented resale value.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who buy's shoes with the intent of reselling them?

Bought my first pair of C&J Marlow's today, the penny loafer, off Eddie, really keen to see how they turn out.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People that collect Alden's
smile.gif
really?

What's the resale value? Even for #8, cigar, whiskey and ravello?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question re sizing on the RLPL Narvell. This model is in fact made for RL by G&G.

Eddie has them for sale in size 10.5. Normally I take a UK 9.5 (for instance, C&J 348 last, Carmina Rain) but in G&G I have to size up to a UK 10.

So... would these Narvells fit me? Sounds like they might be a half size too small. And I'm still unclear whether the sizes Eddie has listed are UK or US sizes.

Thanks for your help and apologies if this is the wrong thread.

Last edited:

gentpax

Reaction score

Since I made the "resale" comment, I'll clarify that...

Few years back the Marlow Penny wasn't breaking in as well as the Wingtip did for me after a few wears. Then I bent the sole aggressively as someone suggested, after which I'd unintentionally creased them to hell in parts other than the toebox.

Had I not done this I could have tossed them up for sale as gently used and got a fair bit of the original outlay back. Shell buyers are picky and I knew I'd crashed the resale from a small loss to a big one by creasing them along the counter.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Question re sizing on the RLPL Narvell. This model is in fact made for RL by G&G.

Eddie has them for sale in size 10.5. Normally I take a UK 9.5 (for instance, C&J 348 last, Carmina Rain) but in G&G I have to size up to a UK 10.

So... would these Narvells fit me? Sounds like they might be a half size too small. And I'm still unclear whether the sizes Eddie has listed are UK or US sizes.

Thanks for your help and apologies if this is the wrong thread.
If you are 9.5UK/10.5US in C&J, then you're a 10UK/10.5US in G&G. The RLPL G&Gs I believe are in US sizing.

However, RLPLxG&G are all narrow D widths instead of the typical E. If you have a normal width foot, you're best size up a 1/2 to a 10.5UK/11US, but your the shoes will be long. If you have wide foot, don't waste your time.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought my first pair of C&J Marlow's today, the penny loafer, off Eddie, really keen to see how they turn out.

Eddie is great . Few years ago I bought both penny and tassel from him - some minor cosmetic defeats but otherwise good value.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are 9.5UK/10.5US in C&J, then you're a 10UK/10.5US in G&G. The RLPL G&Gs I believe are in US sizing.

However, RLPLxG&G are all narrow D widths instead of the typical E. If you have a normal width foot, you're best size up a 1/2 to a 10.5UK/11US, but your the shoes will be long. If you have wide foot, don't waste your time.

Gold. Thank you.

I have a medium-to-narrow foot with a very low arch, so maybe the 10.5 will work for me. Don't like the idea of a long shoe when the last is so chiselled. My understanding is that a narrow shoe may well widen with wear (or can be stretched via certain obscure strategies), whereas a short shoe or a shoe with a too-wide heel area is basically a lost cause.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eddie is great . Few years ago I bought both penny and tassel from him - some minor cosmetic defeats but otherwise good value.

Definitely want to second this. Eddie is a great seller with very fair prices.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely want to second this. Eddie is a great seller with very fair prices.

Eddie got me into the Marlow game. Still waiting on some PTB's though!
smile.gif

I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him. Solid dude.

Picked up a pair from Eddie last week, awaiting for delivery. It seems impossible to find size 9 Marlow wingtips these days without overpaying on eBay. I will say that he's been slow to respond to PMs, I'm wondering if it has to do with the holidays. Seems everyone has positive experiences with him, so I'm being patient.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a pair from Eddie last week, awaiting for delivery. It seems impossible to find size 9 Marlow wingtips these days without overpaying on eBay. I will say that he's been slow to respond to PMs, I'm wondering if it has to do with the holidays. Seems everyone has positive experiences with him, so I'm being patient.

Eddie's "no-frills" service is part of his charm. In my experience, he is quick to respond when it matters.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys been in Italy this week, just got back and need to update the thread, I have a full time business going so sorry if I don't respond in a timely manner, soon things will be more streamlined working on something big

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eddie's "no-frills" service is part of his charm. In my experience, he is quick to respond when it matters.

Totally understand. I just wanted the shoes before my girlfriend came back so that I could sneak them in
smile.gif

Sorry guys been in Italy this week, just got back and need to update the thread, I have a full time business going so sorry if I don't respond in a timely manner, soon things will be more streamlined working on something big

Thanks for the update!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member