• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critiquing fit of suit for finance interviews

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your posture needs more help than your suit; unless you're just standing like that for the photographs, the way you carry yourself does not project a shred of confidence.

Chin up, shoulders back; your suit isn't worth a damn if you look meek and introverted while wearing it.

What are you talking about? He looks fine in the first two pictures. In the last one, his head is down but his left foot isn't even on the ground so it's not a good representation of his posture.

Last edited:

thisisfun

Reaction score
What are you talking about? He looks fine in the first two pictures. In the last one, his head is down but his left foot isn't even on the ground so it's not a good representation of his posture.

Perhaps it's just me, but it looks like his shoulders are rolled forward (judging by where his hands/arms hang) and his entire torso has a slight inward bent. Not saying that he's slouching, but he could definitely be standing straighter.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh come on guy, you're commenting on posture....

Wear a neat pattern tie, not a stripe. I'd probably wear a white Oxford shirt, seems rediculous I know, but it's a staple of the American business man, and you're a noob so you don't want to be too perfect.

Last edited:

thisisfun

Reaction score
Oh come on guy, you're commenting on posture....

All I'm saying is that if he's going in for an interview, his suit should take a backseat to how he carries himself. Besides, the only major issue with the fit of his suit has already been addressed dozens of times over.

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You are probably the best dressed guy going for an interview, althoough the pants could be a longer.

matt1

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm currently a undergraduate business student hoping to work in the financial services industry upon graduation. I took advantage of the recent BB 25% off sale to snap up a navy suit for my interviews next semester.
So far, I've only had the lengths adjusted (sleeves, pants). Would any of you mind pointing out to me alterations that you think need to be made? My biggest issue is the break of the pants. I'd like my suit to look a little more slim and modern (without being obnoxious, of course), but the current break makes the pants flare out and look bad. How do I rectify this issue?
I'd greatly appreciate any advice that you might be willing to offer.
Thank you!
SuitBlurred.jpg

Suit2.jpg

Suit3.jpg

Striped socks for the interview?

Snedley

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm currently a undergraduate business student hoping to work in the financial services industry upon graduation. I took advantage of the recent BB 25% off sale to snap up a navy suit for my interviews next semester.
So far, I've only had the lengths adjusted (sleeves, pants). Would any of you mind pointing out to me alterations that you think need to be made? My biggest issue is the break of the pants. I'd like my suit to look a little more slim and modern (without being obnoxious, of course), but the current break makes the pants flare out and look bad. How do I rectify this issue?
I'd greatly appreciate any advice that you might be willing to offer.
Thank you!
SuitBlurred.jpg

Suit2.jpg

Suit3.jpg
It's already too slim. The sleeves are OK but I prefer them longer. And btw, who hemmed the trousers. The front should just hit the shoe and the rear pitched 3/4" longer. Wear solid socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads