• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

clothingfun

Reaction score
Look at these beauties. I normally don’t really care for overly ornate, overly worked western boots, but I think I might make an exception for these. Heritage Boot in Austin.

View attachment 1777968

Is that their “Las Flores” model? It looks like it but with a different heel style.

If so, that’s interesting. I’ve recently been looking into picking up a pair of hand tooled boots and these and their “Sweetwater” both really caught my eye.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that their “Las Flores” model? It looks like it but with a different heel style.

If so, that’s interesting. I’ve recently been looking into picking up a pair of hand tooled boots and these and their “Sweetwater” both really caught my eye.

No, these are a new model (pre-order right now) called Knuckles O’Tool. Not a great name lol, but they’re beauties

clothingfun

Reaction score
No, these are a new model (pre-order right now) called Knuckles O’Tool. Not a great name lol, but they’re beauties

Thanks for letting me know. I was just curious as I've been looking at their "Flores" and "Sweetwater" models. I'm wanting a pair of moderately priced hand tooled boots and Heritage seems to fit the bill (My regular Mexico trips haven't turned up anything I really like quite yet.) I've also admired all the Heritage stuff posted here by you fellows. The only thing holding me back is the underslung heel style. I'm more of a walking heel guy. I've been talking to a lady who works there about that. Maybe in the future, something will come together and I'll be posting some photos here!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did those Rios you ordered work out? Pics would be great if you have them.

As with almost everything it seems, I received an e-mail a couple of days after I ordered informing me of the 3 to 4 month "build time" backlog. Uh, maybe don't give buyers the ability to "add to cart" then and inform of the 3 to 4 month "build" time before you charge my card?

Back to having just the tan ropers from Rios, but still on the hunt for something that's actually, uh "built"?

Going to Austin next weekend, so probably walk out with something from Heritage. Do pretty much every time I'm there.

Also, what is with "build" in relation to shoes? Shirts? Western boots? We build houses and roads, not smocks and fedoras.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. I was just curious as I've been looking at their "Flores" and "Sweetwater" models. I'm wanting a pair of moderately priced hand tooled boots and Heritage seems to fit the bill (My regular Mexico trips haven't turned up anything I really like quite yet.) I've also admired all the Heritage stuff posted here by you fellows. The only thing holding me back is the underslung heel style. I'm more of a walking heel guy. I've been talking to a lady who works there about that. Maybe in the future, something will come together and I'll be posting some photos here!

We have a different definition of moderately priced I think, as those Sweetwaters are $1,300 lol.

See I am actually the opposite. I prefer the cowboy heel, but most of the Heritage I have use the walking heel (recent examples, Rhett and Eberly) but I would be willing to bet if you are doing a pre-order, they'd easily substitute a walking heel for cowboy heel or vice versa, as they are very easy to work with. My problem is I usually don't "intend" to buy another pair of boots, but usually walk out with a pair whenever I stop by.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can’t remember if I posted these here yet but pickups from 2021

90EA8AE7-B234-43BD-844C-72A356D5476C.jpeg
369360F8-E3A0-4DA7-8DBB-DF8C47CD0E66.jpeg

clothingfun

Reaction score
We have a different definition of moderately priced I think, as those Sweetwaters are $1,300 lol.

See I am actually the opposite. I prefer the cowboy heel, but most of the Heritage I have use the walking heel (recent examples, Rhett and Eberly) but I would be willing to bet if you are doing a pre-order, they'd easily substitute a walking heel for cowboy heel or vice versa, as they are very easy to work with. My problem is I usually don't "intend" to buy another pair of boots, but usually walk out with a pair whenever I stop by.

Thanks again for all the info. I’ll give them another call and see what they have to say. I never intend to buy more boots either but it never works out that way!

Also, yeah I guess the use of “moderate” came out wrong!

What I was getting at was it seems that every pair of hand tooled boots I see that are good quality (emphasis on “quality”) are always at the more expensive end of the scale. In that regards, the hand tooled offerings by Heritage are in a price range that I feel are a bit more reasonable.

Thanks again. Great photos!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My regular Mexico trips haven't turned up anything I really like quite yet.

Can you talk more about this? Like, you mean custom bootmakers? Where in Mexico? How much? What have you bought?

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More "fashion" than most of the stuff posted in here, but still cowboy enough that I think people will appreciate them, from Story et Fall. Ordered these at the start of january with a supposed delivery date at the of end of march. Unfortunately they've had issues with their factory/supplier of soles so it's looking like it'll be another month til I have them, but will be sure to post pictures of my own when that finally happens.

1649704692717.png

kbuzz

Reaction score

Just curious about your preference for the cowboy heel . Is this a stylistic thing ? Do you feel they are more comfortable ? Etc

thanks

heebalabala

Reaction score
Sadly these beauties are going back due to sizing.

As a heads-up, Rios is not consistent with sizing between models/styles so don't assume you have a size dialed if you already own a pair.

IMG_3312.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just curious about your preference for the cowboy heel . Is this a stylistic thing ? Do you feel they are more comfortable ? Etc

thanks

Actually more the former than the latter. I find both more comfortable than shoes, so can't really say one is more so than the other. Like these for example, would be my next pair had they come with the cowboy heel. As it stands, with the walking heel, they are just OK.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads