• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Covering my stove

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a problem. My kitchen is very small and I find that I dont have enough counter space (we have a drying rack and an espresso machine). Right now I am using a cutting over my sink, but I think I can put a cutting board over my stove when I'm prepping. It is an electric stove, is there anyway to cover it with a big cutting board?

If it was my condo (and I wasnt renting) I would just take it out and put in a portable 4-burner induction oven (and store a table under it) and make more counter space, but I cant do it here. Any ideas?

jagmqt

Reaction score
I'd get 4 of these:

rigid%20door%20stop%20oil%20rub%20brz%20copy.jpg

(they come in different styles, of course)

and screw them into a thick cutting board (as large of a surface as you need) so the cutting board could rest on top of your stove, but not near the burners.

This would keep the cutting board elevated so it won't rest on the burners, and the rubber caps will protect the surface from being scratched while still keeing the cutting board stable.

Just my thoughts...

jag

Edit: Cutting board:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=13431590

Whole thing, under $60...and I'm sure you can find a cheaper cutting board.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Very good idea, and there are a lot of cutting boards that come with short legs.

What I would do is get some cardboard boxes and flatten them out, put a little kerosene on them and let it dry to seal the boxes, lay them over the burners until desired height is reached and just put the cutting board on top of that.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Just get something like this:

http://www.factorydirect2you.com/tetopracobo.html

If you are handy, you can make it bespoke yourself. Just make sure that the wood you are selecting has small pores and grains, Maple is good.

All these are really good ideas. Thank you.

This is exactly it. I think I could make it though. I'm good with wood. Maybe I should try making a platform like this with left over wood I have. I could easily make a whole cover for the oven for when I prep.

Any other ideas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads