• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was referring to the green of the tulip chair. One of the colors in the rug is a similar green. Are you asking about the return policy because of my statement about the green or because of the wrinkles?

Only other room is the bedroom. I'd need another rug for the living room.

There is only the bird chair and the diamond chair. Do you mean the Platner tables? I thought the green chair there would add some color to an otherwise bland setup.

Exactly why I am suggesting the changes mentioned.

Add some interest with art and it would seem that you need some lamps.

Hard to design a room from a photo of a corner, but the opposite side of this room should have some nice casegoods or a bookcase or something of that sort.

If this is a place that you own, consider your flooring options before buying more furniture.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one where I can't is now setup so that the middle of the room is basically a free space for my son to play, then there is the sofa at one wall, opposite a walk way. I used one side chair, an eames lounge and ottoman, and put a side table between the wall and sofa.

I guess I sort of have the same setup...except the kid who wants the free space to play is me :)

Have been "looking" for a coffee table for the room since about 2010...suspect the reason I have never actually picked one up is that I like having a big open space on a rug where I can sit down, play with my cat, mess around with projects, etc.

NycLondon

Reaction score
what is this thing? It is a new, machine made carpet of poor aesthetic value compared to most of the classic clothes posted here.
Here is a picture of one of the best carpets in the world;
MetMuseumGreatCarpet.jpg

rusticchasm

Reaction score
Anyone have leads on some mcm modular shelving in the US? Seems the EU is full of them and the US is lacking...

brokencycle

Reaction score
Thoughts on the Buck Model 49? A dealer here has a newly restored set (not the one below) for a good price.

buch1-5.jpg

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the past eight months there's been a crate in my LR. My wife went to one of biennales and bought two pieces of art. When they were shipped here I refused to open the crate with the idea that not opening it would create a Schrodinger's Cat-like situation where the art was both beautiful and worth millions AND ****** and you-spent-how-much?

This is actually brilliant. A genuinely good concept. 99.9% of performance/modern art installations are fall less intelligent than this. Hirst's shark-in-formaldehyde went for eight million. You could turn this into a very profitable art series.

Oh Dear God, is that actually what she bought? Maybe it would look better upside down.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Lefty, I've been wondering this for a while now, why do you sign off your comments with your username? (you can PM me if you prefer)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Hope this isn't too annoying, but I know a lot of you guys have connections and better sources in the furniture world than I. (my knowledge is nonexistent)

I have two of these Tom Dixon "Peg Chairs" in brown stained oak as dining chairs. The problem is that I'd like two more of them, but I haven't been able to find the brown version again. (Been looking off and on for about a year and a half).

Tom%20Dixon%20Peg%20chair%202.jpg

If anybody comes across one or two of these guys, please let me know! I can easily find the black painted birch and natural birch ones, and occasionally the orange, but never the brown.

Mujib

Reaction score
Add some interest with art and it would seem that you need some lamps.

I'm thinking about the Tolomeo mega floor lamp. As for art, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Hard to design a room from a photo of a corner, but the opposite side of this room should have some nice casegoods or a bookcase or something of that sort.

Yeah, I was thinking perhaps a credenza, but credenzas are so useless.

If this is a place that you own, consider your flooring options before buying more furniture.

I don't own it, so no chance of getting rid of the carpet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads