• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
General build quality. I've sat in a daubed in their showroom, where I almost fell through due to the saggy weave etc.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

General build quality. I've sat in a daubed in their showroom, where I almost fell through due to the saggy weave etc.

For what it's worth, the price point is significantly lower than what you'd pay for top tier makers. Not sure something from a similarly priced competitor like Hay would be any better.

Last edited:

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this vase is?

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I'm looking for an aesthetically beautiful office chair that is genuinely comfortable for long-haul work binges but has no chrome components, and doesn't have that rather tacky ergonomic aesthetic that is favoured by modern workplaces — would greatly appreciate suggestions.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Also, I'm looking for an aesthetically beautiful office chair that is genuinely comfortable for long-haul work binges but has no chrome components, and doesn't have that rather tacky ergonomic aesthetic that is favoured by modern workplaces — would greatly appreciate suggestions.

I use the Cappellini Lotus by Jasper Morrison for my home office. Comes with different back heights, with and without arms, with and without wheels, and in different base finishes.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any outdoor dining table / furniture recommendations? We just had our backyard redone and, due to that expense (we had a garage built too) we're not looking to spend too much. At the risk of exposing my pedestrian tastes and limited means, I'm partial to Modernica's outdoor Case Study Dining Table, https://modernica.net/shop/outdoor/case-studyr-stainless-dining-table, but am feeling that's even a bit more than I want to spend right now.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any outdoor dining table / furniture recommendations? We just had our backyard redone and, due to that expense (we had a garage built too) we're not looking to spend too much. At the risk of exposing my pedestrian tastes and limited means, I'm partial to Modernica's outdoor Case Study Dining Table, https://modernica.net/shop/outdoor/case-studyr-stainless-dining-table, but am feeling that's even a bit more than I want to spend right now.

What about the Palisade table/chair collection from Hay, designed by the Bouroullec brothers? The long table is ~$1,500 USD retail. Side chairs are ~$200 each.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, if you need a bench, the Jasper Morrison's Botan by Maruni in pine works outdoors. We use one in our foyer.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'll check those out. Thanks @mafoofan.

Edit -- I especially like the look of that low lounge chair.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's very cool.

When I visited Nikko, in Japan, earlier this year we went to Rinno-ji temple, which is currently being extensively renovated.

The whole temple was covered with a massive, temporary building that was 6-7 stories tall and you could climb up to the top of it and look down upon the renovation procedures, including the disassembly of much of the temple, the recovery of usable beams, and the replacement of other beams.

Anyway, in the observation gallery, as well as a few films of the renovation process, there was a hands-on exhibit of the carpentry used in the construction of temples and shrines, such as Rinno-ji. It included a whole lot of models of the various joins used in Japanese woodworking, including many of the ones shown on The Joinery's Twitter account. My son had a great time taking them apart and putting them together, so as to see how they locked together, depending on where pressure/weight was applied to the join. It was really interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads