• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to purchase a suspension light for above my dining room table. The table is wood and fairly nondescript. At some point I will get rid of it but it wont be until I move apartments and can get something bigger. Current table is 60 x 36. Here are some ideas that I am toying with, hopefully it gives you a sense for my aesthetic. Curious to get input on these or other suggestions. Would prefer to keep the budget to < $2,000. I think I like the Jasper Morrison one the most (the last picture). Despite most of these being fairly vertical, I enjoy that it is more horizontal.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I naturally gravitated towards the Jasper Morrison one too as well at first glance.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the last two, but what do I know about design

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is your table large enough for the light of this diameter? It has to be , else you would hit that lamp with your forehead every time you get up.
(Which otherwise, would be a good reminder that you've spent 2000USD on Ikea-inspired crap with hackster name attached to it)
Welcome to Millennial shopping club.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a bit different than the several thousand dollar-pieces you guys post here:

I'm moving into a studentroom in something like 3-4 weeks and I'm looking for inspiration on "simple"/"minimalistic"/"yougetwhatImean" furniture.
The only certain thing is I'm going to build a bed-platform of sorts with storage underneath, which basically leaves me with room for a desktop,
some type of shelf and a bureau (the room is only 15sqm hah)

Obviously that's not a lot of space, but what I do have is a place with tools and materials where I could potentially DIY together something more interesting than
store-bought IKEA/whatever (student-budget)
So, looking for any type of brands and designs that do nice-looking (and hopefully space-effective) furniture that would look decent in a rather small room

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
M, one of my friends bought the last one on your list, it's really awesome in person, and of course I love the PH lamps.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks, but that's the only corner with furniture. Driving all our cabin furniture down from Canada this weekend so it should look better in a few days.

lefty

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cool, hoping you will post up pics when everything is in.

Couldn't resist another wood block print, framed it a little larger this time since it will stand alone. The awful yellow paint in the background is soon to be a memory as almost the entirety of the house is now white with grey ceilings.

Building another humidor now....was originally planning a console and valet box for under this, but goofed on the sizing and now it's going to be a humidor...good thing too as my current ones are literally completely full.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads