• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's for the best that SG keeps this a hobby. I wouldn't want the man to get too busy one day to be able to take a one off commission from me. :sly:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know most of the discussion here is on designer furniture but if I want a 3-seater sofa for around $1500 or less, is there any place I should check besides Ikea?

Are places like CB2, Crate & Barrel, EQ3, etc... worth looking at?

Dapp

Reaction score
I just switched apartments to a studio/one bedroom and I don't have a closet in my room anymore. I have a lot of clothes to hang up and store so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I have a 4' x 8' space in my living room against the wall that I'm considering using for a standalone closet. Does anybody have suggestions for clothes storage that wouldn't look too out of place in my living room? I'd probably err on the side of an open closet system to make it feel like there's still more space than there is.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with moths and live in a pretty janky house in the country. I would be more concerned with making your living room look cluttered. Is there a wall in your bedroom that you could put racks?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like to think I have nice clothes and shoes but I would be pretty :uhoh: about displaying them in my living room.

Last edited:

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know most of the discussion here is on designer furniture but if I want a 3-seater sofa for around $1500 or less, is there any place I should check besides Ikea?

Are places like CB2, Crate & Barrel, EQ3, etc... worth looking at?

You can sometimes find great deals in Ethan Allen's "Clearance room." It's a crap shoot, but I go in the local stores here from time to time just to see.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purchased via a proxy (my mother) at an estate sale in Wisconsin--a period Art Deco patio set. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but I don't physically have this set, yet.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purchased via a proxy (my mother) at an estate sale in Wisconsin--a period Art Deco patio set. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, but I don't physically have this set, yet.

First, that doesn't look particularly art deco to me.

Second, I have my doubts that "patio furniture" even existed in the 30s.

That looks to me like something from the late 50s or early 60s. Still very nice, but not exactly antique.

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score

That looks to me like something from the late 50s or early 60s. Still very nice, but not exactly antique.

doesn't matter if it is antique or not it is ******* ugly.
Also, it is not Art Deco

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your comment. Regardless, I do like the set. The back fan design is reminiscent of Art Deco designs, even if it was made at a later period. Also, they did have patio sets during the thirties.

doesn't matter if it is antique or not it is ******* ugly.
Also, it is not Art Deco

I'll bet you do well for yourself with that attitude. :satisfied:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks art nouveau inspired to me.

UP's famously ****** with his comments, but has some good insights on occasion.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks art nouveau inspired to me.

Yes, art nouveau, if anything. But I am even more dubious about fin de siecle "patio furniture". Outdoor furniture did exist then but it didn't really look like this.

conqueror

Reaction score
i live in australia and am struggling to find a (queen) bed i like for under $1200 AUD. ordering internationally is out of the question since postage will be in the high hundreds. any ideas?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It's a bit difficult to give you any ideas when you haven't said anything about what you actually like.

Do you like the idea of a wooden frame? With a headboard? Wooden headboard? Leather headboard? Fabric headboard? Metal bedstead? Storage underneath? Solid ends or legs? More details would be helpful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads