• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably in Denmark, but I've never seen a PH4/3 (especially a non-white one) hanging in any house except for my parents'. Maybe seen 3 PH5s.

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
If you want something rarer look into the PH Louvre

We have a PH5 over the dining table and I've lost count of the number of times I hit my ******* head on the wide rim.

Last edited:

jamiemcp

Reaction score
They aren't very common in Scotland, let alone the UK. I have been dithering between the 4/3 and the 5. Think I am going to push the button on the 5

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those two are about as rare as a hotdog at a ball game.

So what? The whole point about Danish mid-century design of this kind was that it was meant to be accessible, functional and beautiful. Esoteric doesn't equal better.

I have two PH 4/3 pendants and they are perfect for what they will be used for.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So nothing, but they aren't rare, they have been made non stop for 60ish years, which means you can pick them up at a swap meet in northern europe for a $100.

The Artichoke is in pretty much every office I've ever been in Scandinavia.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic when I called these lamps rare. These are annoyingly common.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So nothing, but they aren't rare, they have been made non stop for 60ish years, which means you can pick them up at a swap meet in northern europe for a $100.

The Artichoke is in pretty much every office I've ever been in Scandinavia.

Well yeah, but not here in 'murica. I had to buy my blue one off german ebay because they seem to pretend that the colored ones never existed here in the USA.

jamiemcp

Reaction score
Indeed: too many and your house starts to look like a mid-range hotel. However, one or two amongst others, and they work very well indeed.
I agree, there is a balance to be struck. I like one or two “statement” pieces mixed in with ordinary stuff which could even be from IKEA

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Look up the Arne Jacobsen EKLIPTA.
We have one each side of the bed head and they throw a very nice soft light and best of all they look good even when not turned on.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite mid-century chairs.

twistoffat

Reaction score

Indeed: too many and your house starts to look like a mid-range hotel. However, one or two amongst others, and they work very well indeed.

True. Also when something starts to get too common its looses its appeal somewhat. It starts to blend in to a point where you don´t notice it anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads