• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it my imagination or is the top not level in that photo?

It's probably just because of that damned carpet that SG refuses to get rid of!

tongue.gif

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What could this be negotiated down to with low euro/architect discount/etc.

I tried pricing this a couple years ago. Since Established & Sons is not widely distributed in the U.S., it was hard to get much of a discount. I believe 15% was the best I could do. Best bet may be to buy from a European dealer and cough up the price of shipping.

twistoffat

Reaction score
Lots 40 to 42 are just completely off the wall(excuse the pun)
I made shelves like that when I was a student with little money.
Am I missing something or does the estimated price include the wall the shelves are attached to.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots 40 to 42 are just completely off the wall(excuse the pun)
I made shelves like that when I was a student with little money.
Am I missing something or does the estimated price include the wall the shelves are attached to.

Zis iz ART, thaz why.:happy:

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Indeed, I went with this plan-file type system for that purpose. What is worse than having every thing dumped into a jewelry box and you can't see what you have. Honestly I would have gambled with making even more drawers but thinner drawers but I didn't know how thin to go before they became impractical.

I'm sort of fanatical about laying out everything nicely, but I dont own a ton of stuff. For those with more stuff, and who might be less fanatical, a little extra room is probably a nice plus. My wife is looking at this box with envy now that it is nearly complete and making her little rosewood box look like nothing…..so I'm sure it won't be long before I'm making another one of these. Unfortunately I have about 400 hours into this box and easily 100 more to go, so it will be a while before a second one is completed.

The top is level, my floor dips in that area. I know because It's driven me to check the box like 10 times. It's also square to 1/32".

The top of the doors are not level.
The gap above the right door is greater than that of the left.

It also looks like the top of the left hand door is not flush with the side board and has a visible lip.

I like how you think you are accurate with your measurements even through you are using an imperial scale
When you get a chance, give millimetres a go.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Indeed, I went with this plan-file type system for that purpose. What is worse than having every thing dumped into a jewelry box and you can't see what you have. Honestly I would have gambled with making even more drawers but thinner drawers but I didn't know how thin to go before they became impractical.

I'm sort of fanatical about laying out everything nicely, but I dont own a ton of stuff. For those with more stuff, and who might be less fanatical, a little extra room is probably a nice plus. My wife is looking at this box with envy now that it is nearly complete and making her little rosewood box look like nothing…..so I'm sure it won't be long before I'm making another one of these. Unfortunately I have about 400 hours into this box and easily 100 more to go, so it will be a while before a second one is completed.

The top is level, my floor dips in that area. I know because It's driven me to check the box like 10 times. It's also square to 1/32".

The top of the doors are not level.
The gap above the right door is greater than that of the left.

It also looks like the top of the left hand door is not flush with the side board and has a visible lip.

I like how you think you are accurate with your measurements even through you are using an imperial scale
When you get a chance, give millimetres a go.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is so boxy, grrr. You have to have very specific style of the room to have this piece work and even then...Don't do it, you will regret.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valid points. Was hoping for something lighter or with legs.

Local shop has this kip stewert for drexel decleration for a decent price ($1,600)

Considering it, although it is above what I wanted to spend. It would certainly hold a bit of that value. Theres one on 1st dibs costing 3,500.
Would it be terrible to change the drawer pulls to wood or brass?

twistoffat

Reaction score
To be honest I think its a nice piece but like any object of furniture it depends on what setting you are going to put it into. Put it in a nice large bathroom with lots of light with a white Vase on it...great.
Put it in a smaller bedroom with non matching furniture....not so great. I still like it though. Don´t worry about the lack of legs....less room for dust to collect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads