• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably in the next 2-3 years. There is a Whole Foods and Shake Shack going up within 1.25 miles so I want to cash in on yuppie money. Wondering what cosmetic improvements will make this place have appeal.

Already working on landscaping for the curb-appeal.

To increase resale, you definitely want to add a dedicated home theater and bowling alley.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably in the next 2-3 years. There is a Whole Foods and Shake Shack going up within 1.25 miles so I want to cash in on yuppie money. Wondering what cosmetic improvements will make this place have appeal.

Already working on landscaping for the curb-appeal.
Then what you are looking for is soulless, generic quality. Take a look at the other houses in your neighborhood, and make the kitchen a little bit better than those places.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Went to a DWR Outlet today. Expected much of it to be scratched and dented. Wasn’t my experience at all. From what I saw the majority of the stock was as good as new and anything damaged was clearly marked.

Rugs were the best deal. 60% off retail plus an extra 25% off. I found the Nanimarquina rug I've been wanting for less than a third of retail.

The sales guy told me they get a lot of goods directly from the manufacturer so they often have in-stock items that DWR doesn't normally carry.

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a DWR Outlet today. Expected much of it to be scratched and dented. Wasn’t my experience at all. From what I saw the majority of the stock was as good as new and anything damaged was clearly marked.

Rugs were the best deal. 60% off retail plus an extra 25% off. I found the Nanimarquina rug I've been wanting for less than a third of retail.

The sales guy told me they get a lot of goods directly from the manufacturer so they often have in-stock items that DWR doesn't normally carry.
i wonder if they have some of those Gabriel Tan Arc patio furniture?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scored many great surplus and open box items from the DWR Outlet in Brooklyn. Including my Eames lounger.

Anyone have ideas for an outdoor patio set? Looking for something durable and low maintenance. So far, I think I have narrowed it down to either teak or Polywood as far as materials. Open to any ideas.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did see a bunch of outdoor furniture but YMMV.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Scored many great surplus and open box items from the DWR Outlet in Brooklyn. Including my Eames lounger.

Anyone have ideas for an outdoor patio set? Looking for something durable and low maintenance. So far, I think I have narrowed it down to either teak or Polywood as far as materials. Open to any ideas.
We have Perch outdoor sofa from Bludot, and after two years, it's going strong. We keep it covered when not in use. IIRC, @gdl203 recommended it to me.
ph1_3stsfa_cl_frontlow.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a big RH fan generally but outdoor furniture is probably their best category. They also have a truly ridiculous number of choices. If nothing else, going through their catalog will give you an idea of what you like and don't like for your setting.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did see a bunch of outdoor furniture but YMMV.

I no longer live in the northeast.

We have Perch outdoor sofa from Bludot, and after two years, it's going strong. We keep it covered when not in use. IIRC, @gdl203 recommended it to me.
ph1_3stsfa_cl_frontlow.jpg

This is very nice but a bit too modern I think.

Not a big RH fan generally but outdoor furniture is probably their best category. They also have a truly ridiculous number of choices. If nothing else, going through their catalog will give you an idea of what you like and don't like for your setting.

Will check this out. Ty

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I no longer live in the northeast.

This is very nice but a bit too modern I think.

Will check this out. Ty

We bought a teak table and chairs from here: https://www.teakandtable.com/

We have had it close to 1.5yrs and still feels very solid and is aging well. I can only comment on all teak items and not the cushion or wicker style. Looks like the Cayman style table we bought is on a crazy sale price for labor day but the standard chairs are still full price.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Anybody have a rec for custom cushions in the Midwest?

Trying to get replacements for the Bludot Perch sofas and was quoted ~$500 per seat by their customer service rep. Seeing as how'd I'd need 5 seats to fill out the 2 sofas I have, I'm looking for alternatives.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a rec for custom cushions in the Midwest?

Trying to get replacements for the Bludot Perch sofas and was quoted ~$500 per seat by their customer service rep. Seeing as how'd I'd need 5 seats to fill out the 2 sofas I have, I'm looking for alternatives.

You could look for a local upholsterer in a big city. I dated a girl whose dad reupholstered furniture and make sure you try different types of cushions they have to make sure you enjoy their product or else find someone else.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I checked my local Nextdoor group for recommendations for a local custom upholsterer and found a local mom and pop shop that did a great job.

I had the way too soft down cushions in a nice DWR sofa replaced last year. The upholsterer will have different foam densities for you to try out. I was able to reuse the zip-on leather covers for mine but the foam and wrapping itself cost around $1000 iirc. So not cheap.

By the way, I looked up the Perch. Nice looking piece. If I'm doing the math right their replacement cushions would cost more than the current price of a new sofa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics