• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conne's food log

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I eat like this about 5 days per week.

Breakast:
1/4 cup oatmeal (not instant) with 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Handful of blueberries
Banana
4 oz. fresh OJ

Lunch:
Large salad with lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, and garbanzo beans with oil and vinegar dressing
If I want more protein, I'll add a little grilled chicken or canned fish.

Dinner:
Grilled chicken breast or baked salmon
Steamed green vegetable (broccoli, green beans, peas, spinach, brussel sprouts) w/ olive oil
Second vegetable (eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, squash) or 1/4 cup of whole grain (brown rice, quinoa, barley)
Small salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and carrots with oil and vinegar dressing

Snacks:
Oranges, apples, grapes, carrots, and nuts

I drink pretty much exclusively water. I'll have an occasional cup of tea during the day. I sometimes have a beer or a glass or two of wine with dinner.

There are some variations, but I basically stick to this most days. I'll splurge a day or two per week. I love pork and red meat. I love pasta. I also love to cook with butter, and I love eating out. I try not to deny myself the chance to enjoy certain foods, but I just greatly limit the times I enjoy those things. If I'm eating out or traveling, I generally ignore my standard diet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Today:

Breakfast: coffee

Lunch: 2 oz marinaded beef cubes, 3 oz cheese (Manchego, Jarlesburg, Beemster), 2 olives, fire roasted red pepper slices, 1.5 glasses dry red wine (Spatburgunder).

Planned for tonight: various protein and greens based small plates (largely seafood protein), several glasses of wine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If it does, it's well worth it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey haters, I have a little surprise for you. I just weighed in and...I've lost 6 pounds since the start of my new "lifestyle." First poast, 169 lbs. Today, 163 lbs. I am feeling good.
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Hey haters, I have a little surprise for you. I just weighed in and...I've lost 6 pounds since the start of my new "lifestyle." First poast, 169 lbs. Today, 163 lbs. I am feeling good.
smile.gif

Same set of scales?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Same set of scales?
No, that is impossible now. It was one of those pretty precise gym scales. Stop trying to rain on my parade *****!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not content at all right now, I am still at least 10 lbs. overweight. I'll be joining a gym in Washington this coming week...I want to be sure I lose that flab around the gut, not muscle mass.

But yeah I'm pretty pleased so far.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Didn't eat a lot today. I went light so I could have some not perfectly healthy stuff for dinner.

So breakfast was a 4 egg omelette with onions and capers, cooked in butter.
No lunch
Dinner was 2 duck breasts, skin on, with 1 cup oyster mushrooms and a sherry gastrique.

Ran another 4 mi too

Totals for today:
1,598 calories
97.8 g fat
29.3 g carbs
146.4 g protein

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
No, that is impossible now. It was one of those pretty precise gym scales. Stop trying to rain on my parade *****!

Happy you've lost some weight. But buy some of your own scales.

Lost half a pound overnight and had a fantastic meal last night
smile.gif

The gym. Yeah, need to get a membership, when I get back from vacation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads