• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

raags

Reaction score
Having a bit of an issue breaking in my new CP Vintage Lo's. They somehow (on my left foot) press down hard on part of my big toe whenever I walk, I think due to the leather in the toe cap folding and pressing down. Will this soften with time? It's extremely uncomfortable and quite painful, to the point where I don't actually I think I can wear them out at the moment.

Feji

Reaction score
It'll soften with some wear. Same thing happened to me with my GAT's, but now they're comfy after being broken in.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know where I can find a pair of regular black mids in 41 inclusive of any sort of discount? These seem to sell out quickly, even at retail, so not getting my hopes up. Also, if anyone is selling these (in new or very good condition) please let me know

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I'm sorry if you guys have already figured out your size on officer derby.

I'm a
US9.5 for most of the sneakers
US8.5 for Red Wing and Alden Indy.

I asked a question to HAVEN and I got a reply as below.
- Common Projects fit about a size big. Based on your information I would recommend wearing a size 8.5US or a size 41EUR.

cloud5

Reaction score
Sorry about this sizing question, but what size would I buy for the derbies and rec if i'm a US 8.5 with normal width feet?

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I'm sorry if you guys have already figured out your size on officer derby.

I'm a
US9.5 for most of the sneakers
US8.5 for Red Wing and Alden Indy.

I asked a question to HAVEN and I got a reply as below.
- Common Projects fit about a size big. Based on your information I would recommend wearing a size 8.5US or a size 41EUR.
Can anyone confirm that I am a 41EUR? Judging from some member's sizing advices, I feel more like 42EUR instead as I have relatively wider feet. Thanks for your help.

raags

Reaction score
I have relatively wide feet, and am a US9 in Nikes and a 41 fit me the best. It's too long at the toe but right for the width.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score

Can anyone confirm that I am a 41EUR? Judging from some member's sizing advices, I feel more like 42EUR instead as I have relatively wider feet. Thanks for your help. 

you're talking about the derbies not achilles right? I dont know how the derbies fit compared to achilles but I'm a US 9/9.5 in most sneakers (9 in vans, 9 in red wings, 9.5 adidas, 9.5/10 nike) and 42 achilles fit me perfectly. I don't have wide feet either. A lot of people on here seem to agree to size down on cps but theres also a lot of us who just go tts and it works fine. Please let us know how the derbies fit!

edit: also ime, nikes run .5 to 1 size large

Last edited:

pasteurisation

Reaction score
What? Now, I'm confused. Anyone else can compare to Derby to Archille in terms of sizing?

@Roygbivuxg , in what Red Wing are you a US9? I'm a US8.5 in moc toe & a US9 in plain toe though.
What about Nike? I'm a US9.5 in dunk(comfortable) and airmax(fitted). Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Yeah i dont blame you...cp sizing is kinda strange. I have the redwing work chukka. The last pair of nikes I owned were a 9.5 or 10 spiridon about 8 years ago :embar: (but i have friends who size up on nike). My current runners are size 9 asics.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've probably said this a few times in this thread, but in relation to the sneakers, it all depends.

Padded models vs non padded models + foot width.

Yes, the rule seems to be to size down 1, however if you have wide feet, I do not recommend this.

IMO, the same goes for the padded models like the Vintage.

For example, in the Tournament Low's (which are suede and not padded), I can wear a 41.

In the latest vintage models (and any others which are padded), I need a 42.

I wear a US9 generally, 8.5D Barrie and UK8 in dress shoes.

linds_15

Reaction score

Anyone happen to know where I can find a pair of regular black mids in 41 inclusive of any sort of discount? These seem to sell out quickly, even at retail, so not getting my hopes up. Also, if anyone is selling these (in new or very good condition) please let me know

i've found luck with sense online a couple seasons ago, and sometimes nomad might cut you a little break in-shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads