• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler/Shoe Repair in Washington DC?

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had excellent service at Best Foot Forward in Pentagon City (in the shops, not the mall) right behind World Market. ~$80 for high quality leather soles and stripping and re-polishing the uppers. The cobbler has received "...coveted recognitions from The Shoe Service Institute of America." Not sure what that is though. I have used them 3 times and the shoes always come out perfect. Tonight I am dropping off another pair of shoes and will get a price list.

mikej77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dv3
I have had excellent service at Best Foot Forward in Pentagon City (in the shops, not the mall) right behind World Market.

~$80 for high quality leather soles and stripping and re-polishing the uppers.

The cobbler has received "...coveted recognitions from The Shoe Service Institute of America." Not sure what that is though.

I have used them 3 times and the shoes always come out perfect. Tonight I am dropping off another pair of shoes and will get a price list.

+1 for Best Foot Forward. They made two pairs of beat up Allen Edmonds look like new. The new soles are better than the originals and they have quick turnaround as well. They are also very nice and explain their prices and what you get.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
any recent reviews or experiences with various old town alexandria shops?

I got Old Town Shoe and Luggage Repair for most cobbling. Been using them for 4 years and have always been pleased if not astounded. I've found that by using toppies, 90% of cobbling work is eliminated. The only thing I have to regularly go to the cobbler for is taps and any asshole can do that.

stormwatch

Reaction score
The armenian cobbler moved from next to British Goodies on Wilson Blvd to Washington Street next to the Post office. I have used him on numerous occasions and have always liked the quality of his work, the relative speed in getting my shoes back, and his friendly manner.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Visit Eton at Eastern Market Shoe Repair...he revived several pairs for me and his prices for topys are well below some of the other repair shops (think I paid $25/pair and he threw in some free shines since I had multiple pairs of shoes).

westling

Reaction score
Regarding Sky Valet, the owner (Hetom) now has a policy that he only repairs shoes of his retail customers. He told me last summer that he has been losing money on each repair given his cost of supplies and the amount of time he was putting in, so I wasn't surprised when he put this new policy in place.

When I spoke with him about it recently, though, he said that he was surprised that many repair customers are actually now buying shoes so they can take advantage of his repair service. That says a lot about the quality of his work!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads