• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score
Popped into Yorkdale today and checked the 1000 mile's out in person. Beautiful looking boots, and really solid feeling leather. Unfortunately they only carry up to a size 11.5 in all of their stores apparently. I failed in my attempt to try them there, and the Bay didn't have anything larger than a 12 either.

On a side note, one of their employees said they sized down 1 1/2 sizes, which exceeds the typical recommendation of a half size.

Saw some nice "crocodile" chinos in the process but resisted the temptation. Wasn't a complete failure.

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nappy twill indigo trouser, university stripe OCBD, Marlow Pennies

Last edited:

Prosemode

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Bloor location is the nicest looking CM store in Canada, IMO. It's in a historic U of T building. Also the least busy. I used to work there and there were shifts when I would be lucky to have five people in total come into the mens store, which was situated in the tiny basement. Their selection is about the same as the Eaton Centre location, but from what I saw at other locations Bloor Street seems to put more stress on customer service than most other stores. You can get away with pretty much anything as a customer (or shoplifter).

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
shoplifters take note! check out the Bloor street location :slayer:

lol, believe you me, when I worked there and menswear was upstairs it still got pretty busy...

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to the one on bloor st a few times, back when it had the mens stuff upstairs to the right and then when it moved to the basement, honestly its been my impression that there was more mens stuff back when it was upstairs, easier to browse too, lighting was better, etc.,,,, its probably still the best for mens stuff in toronto, aside from the non-cm items pretty much everything is there and crowd free.

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
Do CM pants have a tendency to run large in the waist? I bought a pair of shorts and white jeans from eBay; they are tagged 30 waist but feel like 31 or 32. I'm going to order some from the website and not sure what size I should go for. I am a true 30 waist.

Last edited:

xxxamazexxx

Reaction score
I wear 30 in J Crew, Banana Republic, Uniqlo, Gap, etc. My waist actually measures 30.5". If they're all vanity sized then CM's vanity sizing is quite excessive by comparison. But the funny thing is, except for the large waist, everything else fits like it's supposed to.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found that CM's vanity sizing in the waist is aprox +1" compared to the waist size of most other vanity sized brands in the same tagged size, never understood why,, I wear 28 in pretty much everything, except maybe apc's (26), and the usual size 28 waist measures anywhere from 28.25"-28.75", non vanity, to a 29.5"-30" vanity, while CM's size 28 measures from 30.5" to 31".
Really sucks cuz some of their better quality suits are a pretty good deal on deep sale....

Last edited:

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a store nearby that still carries this jacket (in small)? I want it - very badly
smile.gif
Been looking for a jacket like this, but haven't found anything locally! I'm from Denmark (EU) so I would need somebody to proxy it. I'll pay for the trouble of course. Master-Classter posted three weeks back that he got it (and at an extreme discount), but I would like the jacket even if it's not possible to get it at such a price.

Hope somebody can help! Would make me so happy :D

club monaco italian wool knit sweater/baseball jacket

super good quality, seams all sealed

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ PM sent.... as for Canada it's long sold out as far as I know (called about 5 stores that showed even 1 in stock and none left). Might be some floating around the USA?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads