• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closet cleaning

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's closet-cleaning time and I'm getting rid of the following items, many of which are new or nearly new. Â Discounts available for multiple purchases. Â I'm offering them here before they go on ebay. Â Message me with any questions and see the following URL for complete descriptions, pictures, and measurements: Clothes for sale - NIB Bally oxfords, brown, 8D, (plain uppers) These are brand new in the box. Â $75. - NIB Bally oxfords, brown, 8D, (stitched uppers) These are brand new in the box. Â $75. - Nearly new Bruno Magli Hadley cap-toe oxfords, dark brown, 7.5 Medium These shoes are hand made in Italy from one of Bruno Magli's top lines and retail for $600. Â I've never seen them discounted below $500. Â They have been worn exactly two times (note the light scuffing of the soles) and are in immaculate condition. Â I'm asking $150, a small fraction of what these shoes would otherwise cost. Â Leather upper, lining, and sole. Â Padded footbed. Â Very nice shoes. - NEW Allen Edmond York boots, burgundy, 8D Sleek double zipper boot, full leather linings, and single oak leather sole with custom heel. Â These boots are brand new. Â Retail over $300. Â $75. - Allen Edmonds Park Avenue cap-toe oxfords, chili, 8D I don't have pictures of these yet, but they show a little less wear than the pair that is size 7.5D. Â $40. - Allen Edmonds Park Avenue cap-toe oxfords, chili, 7.5D Asking $35. - Tony Lama snakeskin boots, black, 8D Asking $65. - Tony Lama lizard skin boots, black, 8D Asking $40. - Hugo Boss button-down sport shirt, size medium, gray This shirt is a 65% cotton, 35% nylon blend with a very slight sheen. Â See pictures for placket and button styles. Â It is in mint condition. Â New $75. Asking $30. - Hugo Boss slacks, beige These slacks are flat-front and uncuffed. Â An interior label reads "Natural Stretch." Â 100% wool. New $175. Â Asking $55. - Hugo Boss slacks, light gray These slacks are flat-front and uncuffed. Â An interior label reads "Natural Stretch." Â 100% wool. There is a small pull in the fabric on the right pant leg just inside the pleat about six inches below the waistband. Â It is barely visible in the picture of the front of the pants. Â There is a closeup shot of the blemish below as well. Â New $175. Â Asking $45. - Hugo Boss raincoat This is a lightweight above-the-knee raincoat (no insulation beyond outer shell and lining). Â It has never been worn and is in perfect condition. Â An interior product label reads "Stretch". Â Outer shell is 87% cotton, 11% nylon, and 2% lycra. Â Lining is 51% rayon and 49% acetate. Â It was $400 new. Â $75. - NWT Ballin for Saks jeans-style slacks, 30x30 These slacks are charcoal in color with a 43" outseam, 33" inseam, and 30.25" waist. Â 100% wool. Â $35. - NWT Saks 5th Ave. merino wool sweater, black, mock-neck, medium This sweater is 100% merino wool and measures 18" across the shoulders and 23.5" down the sleeves. $25. - NWT Joseph Abboud scarf, 100% cashmere, solid navy The scarf measures 52"x12" without the fringe. Â The fringe measures 3" on both ends of the scarf. Â $25. - Eliot polo shirts I have three shirts in the same style but different colors (cream, light gray, and pale green). Â These shirts were purchased from a small Italian boutique on 57th St. in NYC. Â The material is a very nice 58% cotton, 42% rayon blend that is quite cool and drapes very nicely. Â The shirts were only worn a handful of times and are in excellent condition. Â The shirts are labeled medium and measure 19" across the shoulders and 8.5" down the sleeves. Â They were $100 each new. Â Asking $35 each. Â Note that although they were photographed on hangars, I never stored them on hangars so as not to stretch the shoulders. Â Discounts for multiple purchases. - Brooks Brothers jacket, black, size 40S 100% cashmere, 3-button, darted, slightly shaped through chest, double besom flap pockets, center vent, fully-lined. $65. - Brooks Brothers trench-style coat This is an above-the-knee trench-style coat from Brooks Brothers. Â I believe it was a size 39, but I do not see a size listed on any tags. Â See measurements below for exact sizing. Â It is in immaculate condition, as it was only worn a handful of times and never in rain or inclement weather conditions despite its intended purpose. Â A 100% wool zip-out insulating liner exposes the outer beige, blue and yellow plaid lining. Â The shell is 2x2 poplin (55% cotton, 45% polyester) and is treated with DuPont Teflon rain/stain repellent. $75. - Canali navy blue sport coat/blazer, 40S 100% wool, fully-lined, 2 button, no vent. Â $65. Shipping costs: Shirts, $6 Pants, $7 Shoes, $9 Boots, $13 Insured shipping is extra. All items are located in New York City and may be inspected and picked up locally. dan

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To answer a lot of questions I'm getting about the shoes and pictures: Pictures of all items are available at: http://www.geocities.com/dah328/clothes.html The Bally shoes are on the small side for an 8D, probably about one half size smaller than an Allen Edmonds 8D. Â In other words, if you're an AE 7.5, the Ballys would probably fit you pretty well. Regards, dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 105 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads